NewCelica.org Forum banner

Official: Los Angeles Lakers thread

39K views 1K replies 41 participants last post by  Nlkko 
#1 ·
Alright Chad. Since you aproved of me creating this thread I will do it. Its strange creating a thread during the off season for the NBA but seems like the free agency is picking up steam. Well here's a thread for people to talk about the Lakers or anything to do with lakers. I'm suprised there are sports fans on here.

#2 ·
O.C. Register: How far is far apart?

"Lamar Odom is believed to be seeking at least a $10 million contract from the Lakers. The Lakers aren’t willing to part with that kind of dough because of salary cap and luxury tax issues. The deal the Lakers were reportedly offering was for around $7 million.

But the sides might not be as far apart as that. Ronnie Lester, assistant GM, told me Saturday he heard the Lakers are now offering “a little north of $8 million.” He also said he expects a deal early next week.

Stay tuned.

———–

And Ramona Shelburne from Inside the Lakers had this say on her Twitter account…

Source from Odom’s camp said deal not complete, but expected to get done next week sometime.

Things are “looking better,” Odom source said."

#5 ·
Signing LO has dragged on a bit longer than I hoped it would, I am not going to lie. Hopefully this gets resolved soon, I just do not understand why some players can not just be happy to take a small pay-cut in lieu of a championship, and possibly consecutive ones at that. But then again, I am not in their position.
It is necessary to sign LO. He is an athletic big man that can post up a smaller guy, as well as pull a big man out, opening up the floor.

If the Lakers hope to win a few more 'chips then they must sign LO
It is easy for us to ask why not take one for the team, but when it is you on the hot seat the decision is not so simple. LO does not have that many years behind him, he has yet to make big bucks his talent deserves if not now it will never happen again.
You would ask why are they not paying what I am worth?
Why can't other players take a paycut to make up most of the difference of what LO is worth?

I hope he takes one for the team, or Buss willing to pay more. I like LO I hope he stays.
from artest thread :gap:

#7 ·
Andrew Bynum gets 12 mil barely contributed anything in the finals and they can not scrape 10 mil for LO who is instrumental to winning the championship?
Can they trade Bynum out for someone cheap to free up money to pay LO? All they need to free up is 2 mil, I am sure a decent center out there would take a 10 mil salary.

#10 ·
Well Bynum is a work in progress but I am giving him a very short leash. Last year I will give him the injury excuse. If he suck next year even before the trade deadline, I think its time for shop him around. Just give him another year to see if he's worth the money we give him. I am not most lakers fans who are such a Bynum fans that they willing to find any excuses for him. He didnt show up in the playoffs at all. In any game. Its time for him to step up.

#12 ·
Alright Chad. Since you aproved of me creating this thread I will do it
It's been added to the Community thread. :thumbup:

#13 ·
Bynum, as bad as he played throughout the post-season has much more up-side to his game than Odom does. I am not saying to keep Bynum over Odom, let us not get rid of Bynum, it is absurd to think that and there is no way in hell management will get rid of him with all the effort they put in to keeping him in the first place.

A majority of Bynum's mishaps were due to fouls he had to commit on players that drove in the lane, or his own man catching the pass after Bynum had to switch to stop penetration, those fouls are completely not his fault yet they are tacked onto him. We all know how bad the Lakers are at guarding the pick-and-roll, so there is absolutely no way in refuting this argument, half the fouls that Bynum picked up were because of our SH*TTY pick-and-roll team defense.

This is why Ron Artest is here, he knows how to stop that and defense is contagious, hopefully this is what the coaching staff tries to instill in the player's minds. Our offense is the best in the league there is no denying it. Our points will come, and if we play defense the other team's wont and we will put up even more because of good D.

#33 ·
Yeah, he is f*cking goofy. We always rewind plays on the DVR that involve Bynum yelling after he has been hacked, it is hilarious how funny he sounds, just like a little kid.

mods please lock this thread
:fawk:

Anybody want to comment on how dumb Ariza's agent is? It's his fault that Trev is now in Houston
Do not even want to start on what level of stupidity dude reached (agent). And Ariza, to some degree.

remember bynum is only 21 yrs old and has gone through two devastating knee injuries. its going to take some time for him to get back to form. fans should ease up on the high expectations.
This as well on top of what I stated earlier.

^ I'm sure the Lakers can find an adequate, if better, replacement. Been reading L.O. wants to play in Miami, he's more of an east coast guy, blah blah blah.
I would have said that 2 years ago when Shawn Marion was available but I can not think of any player at the moment who can replicate Lamar's skills. Only one I could think of seriously would be Ron-Ron, but we already have him! So obviously this would shake up our roster and chances of repeating if LO does not stay. Dammit.

LO > David Lee.

Yes.

LO cant make the same mistake Ariza did. Why would you leave a championship caliber team? It doesnt make sense. Especially when the Lakers offered LO $9.3 million/yr for 3 years.
These contract disputes baffle me when in the long run it will benefit him much more to take what was put on the table. Championships are worth alot more than more money and the lottery or missing the playoffs every season, just ask Ariza when the year starts.

#17 ·
Yea, Bynum's biggest contribution is his 6 fouls per game that he gets to use on other players.

But aside from that, keep in mind the "environment" in today's NBA. Offensively and defensively skilled big men are a scarcity these days, hence his large contract.

I agree that most Laker fans are blinded by faith and don't see that Bynum promises so much, yet delivers so little.

#25 ·
dude if thats true its a disappoint on L.O.'s part. He is in his 30s, has proved to be inconsistent during the season, because he has a strong playoffs performance he thinks he deserves the 10 million. Its only a 1 million difference! If you can't live off 9 million a year, then I don't know... :faint:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.