Install Guides Parts Catalog Gallery Tech Info

Go Back   NewCelica.org Forum > Celica Discussion > Performance Mods

Performance Mods Sub Forums: ECU Tuning

Support NCO
Google

Old 04-23-2010, 08:37 AM   #1
Boosted2.0

DD Performance Research LLC

Most of you probably already know all of this, but I wanted to create a centralized thread for information about our company and the products and services we offer.

DD Performance Research LLC is dedicated to offering the best performing, highest quality performance products in the industry. We believe in a no compromise appoach when it comes to performance products. Everything we do is optimized for maximum power and durability. Often this means we spend a lot more time and money on R&D, both in terms of time and equipment, and our products may carry a premium price tag, but they do so for a reason.

For those that don't know us, DD Performance Research is a relatively new company. I am the owner (Dave), and I've been around for 8 or 9 years on this forum, first as Griffin and then as Boosted2.0. I have been a site sponsor for about 4 years now. My production manager / shop manager is Illusive (Jason) and he has been around as long as I have.

At this time we have a relatively small shop in Cypress, TX. and I work pretty much by appointment only. We have purchased 3.5 acres of commercial real estate and are in the process of building an 8400 sq. foot facility in Sealy, TX. that will offer a brand new Dynojet 4WD eddy current load holding dyno with their new patented link system, as well as integrated vehicle data capture via CAN connection as well as the normal suite of A/F, manifold pressure, etc., in addition to the services we already offer. We have also purchased a CNC Mill and the appropriate computers and CAD software to be able to offer custom and small run performance products as well as large scale products with equal precision and quality.

My fabrication is all done here in the states, most of it here in the Houston metro.

Our first main project was the 2ZZ intake manifold which has been very successful. Right now the highest powered NA 2ZZ Celica on the planet has our manifold on it, and we are confident that more and more 200+ HP N/A cars with our manifold will be emerging over the course of the coming months, especially with the forthcoming release of our short runner manifold designed for cars with built & ported heads & race headers.

In addition to intake manifolds we offer many other products and services - links are provided for those products which are featured in their own threads:

Intake Manifolds - https://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=292138
Cylinder Head Porting & Polishing
Flowbench Testing
Exhaust and intake manifold porting & polishing - https://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=315089 and https://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=204266
Port matching
High performance engine builds
Turbo & S/C installation
Tuning
Engine Swaps
Polydyn Coatings & TX7 lubrication products
Advanced Diagnostics & repair for all vehicle systems:

I think I can say without bragging that I am the most accomplished diagnostician in the community, and I offer a full range of advanced tools and equipment for that aspect of the business as well as for performance and R&D

Contact information:
E-mail is the best way to get ahold of us. I usually return calls in the evening hours.

Sales information: [email protected]
Technical Support: [email protected]
Dave's Phone: 832 421-7422
Jason's phone: 832 421-7414

Website: We are currently working with our service provider to get an e-commerce website up and running.

Some product pictures:

Celica Intake Manifold:

Celica DBW PFC Harness Kit:

MR2 Spyder 2ZZ Swap Header:

MR2 Spyder 2ZZ Swap Harness:

Lotus Intake Manifold:

Lotus 80mm Short Ram Intake (MAF not included - filter is included):

Intame Manifold Hardware Kit (Minus Coolant Bottle mount and dipstick relocation)

Celica Auto Trans PFC Harness kit:

Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts:

2ZZ 440CC Injectors:

Polydyn TX7 (1Qt and 12oz):
We specialize in Motor builds, tuning, custom fabrication, high end / high HP engines, intake manifolds, exhaust manifolds, suspension, custom wiring, custom turbos, tuning, etc. We can get any part you want, usually for less than you would expect!

WWW.DDPerformanceResearch.com

Last edited by Boosted2.0; 08-12-2010 at 08:04 AM..
Boosted2.0 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2010, 10:00 AM   #2
cypress09

Too legit to quit.

DD Performance is gonna be big one of these days, i can feel it in my bones..
cypress09 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:30 AM   #3
Soon2beriding
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypress09 View Post
Too legit to quit.

DD Performance is gonna be big one of these days, i can feel it in my bones..
you listen to to much of that tiesto song
Soon2beriding is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2010, 11:57 AM   #4
vegeta4ss
12+ years daily driver

boosted, I had no idea you posted under griffin too. I always wondered what happened to that person after I read the fuel trim & piggyback post and then next saw the "this is my last post" thread..lol.

You guys are on the right track. I'm glad to see things moving along for you. Building from the ground up on reputation alone is a hard task. You've shown this community a lot of good stuff which has carried over into our sister communities. Over the next couple of years you guys should find another common engine between popular tuner cars and make parts for it too. If you can become proficient with another engine like you can for the zz series then you'll have more work than you can handle .

Vintage Gamer - Will trade OEM and aftermarket spare parts for your old Sega and Nintendo carts.
vegeta4ss is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:28 PM   #5
Illusive

Send a message via AIM to Illusive
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegeta4ss View Post
boosted, I had no idea you posted under griffin too. I always wondered what happened to that person after I read the fuel trim & piggyback post and then next saw the "this is my last post" thread..lol.

You guys are on the right track. I'm glad to see things moving along for you. Building from the ground up on reputation alone is a hard task. You've shown this community a lot of good stuff which has carried over into our sister communities. Over the next couple of years you guys should find another common engine between popular tuner cars and make parts for it too. If you can become proficient with another engine like you can for the zz series then you'll have more work than you can handle .
That's the wonderful thing about this company. Having a r&d section will allow for great opportunities in making parts with different engines and automobiles. We won't be limiting the business to just the 2zz market

Toyota has some new vehicles comming out soon and we hope to get a good foothold in the new markets by having a variety of tested and proven parts available.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:15 PM   #6
bloodytiger
Un-Registered User

Put me down on the new appointment book for turbo install and tune.

Celica GT 1zz(Turbo Auto) 232whp 211tq Mods: Custom TK.com TurboKit(installed by DDPR),Garrett GT2560R, Hydra EMS, PCS TCM, DDPR ECU Box and Dual Catch Can, GT-S Auto Trans, 3" DynoMax VT muffler, 3" Vibrant Performance Can, P&P throttle body , 17" Velox PG-5S rims, BFG KDW2 tires, Kics Titanium Blue lug nuts, Wilwood BBK, GT-S Rear Brake Conversion, Eibach sportlines, Koni yellows, Hotchkis Sways, TRD rear strut bar, s2000 antenna, OEM HID headlights, Retro-Solutions HIDs, Tsunami tail lights and hood scoop, Clear side markers, Pioneer AVH-3300BT HU, Boyo revers camera
bloodytiger is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:40 PM   #7
youngxlos

Send a message via AIM to youngxlos
FT-86 FTW!!!
great job guys, keep up the good work.

Build thread on the old 2ZZ-GTE
youngxlos is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:35 PM   #8
c1celi

haven't purchased any parts but I soon hope to when the 1zz manifold comes out. And I also hope that you guys one day have a celica meet/dyno day at your shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by celicajonz View Post
didnt the all mighty Timmy to fast to furious Le once said the baby showers are only for chicks? hmm ...

:rolleyes:

:whip: mo like it
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrluilou View Post
he's never been invited to one he just shows up w/ his played out panda theme :(
c1celi is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:03 PM   #9
kortik

Dave can you post pics of my ported head that you working on if its ok with you?
Progress RSB, TRD STB, Custom Borla 3", Tein SS, TWM SS, GT2860RS -700cc TK.com kit, JDM helical LSD from spyder, RPS Max/Street, C-One Type R Flywheel, Urethane Filled Motor Mounts, 18" Volks GT-S, HYDRA EMS
kortik is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:24 PM   #10
danGTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngxlos View Post
FT-86 FTW!!!
x2!
Old 04-25-2010, 10:53 PM   #11
Boosted2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kortik View Post
Dave can you post pics of my ported head that you working on if its ok with you?
I dropped it at the machine shop yesterday. I can get pictures of it when I get it back from the machine shop. I'm generally not a fan of posting pictures of what I do with the porting though - took a while to develop the shape I use. Anything in particular you want to see in the pictures, or just the overall condition of the head?
We specialize in Motor builds, tuning, custom fabrication, high end / high HP engines, intake manifolds, exhaust manifolds, suspension, custom wiring, custom turbos, tuning, etc. We can get any part you want, usually for less than you would expect!

Old 04-25-2010, 10:54 PM   #12
Boosted2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngxlos View Post
FT-86 FTW!!!
great job guys, keep up the good work.
Thats the plan

Old 04-26-2010, 12:02 AM   #13
kortik

don't need to if its putting you in an uncomfortable position.I thought it would be cool to show everyone your port job.
Progress RSB, TRD STB, Custom Borla 3", Tein SS, TWM SS, GT2860RS -700cc TK.com kit, JDM helical LSD from spyder, RPS Max/Street, C-One Type R Flywheel, Urethane Filled Motor Mounts, 18" Volks GT-S, HYDRA EMS
kortik is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:09 AM   #14
The NA Way

you guys going to float on the stock market? :P lol.
The NA Way is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 01:36 PM   #15
Boosted2.0

Update:

We now have both Q45 and DBW intake manifolds in stock

We now have Energy Suspension mount inserts and 440cc injectors in stock

We now have MR2 2ZZ swap headers and harnesses in stock. Still working on the other swap parts.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:38 PM   #16
Gtsjeg04
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Gtsjeg04 Send a message via Yahoo to Gtsjeg04
What is a DBW intake manifold?
Gtsjeg04 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:56 PM   #17
many
Maunder Minimum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtsjeg04 View Post
He's referring to the Drive by Wire throttle body.....
Old 06-14-2010, 06:16 PM   #18
Gtsjeg04
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by many View Post
Are they special?
Old 06-14-2010, 06:55 PM   #19
celica_2nr

Send a message via AIM to celica_2nr
Quote:
Are they special?
its just a t/b for the dbw guys to use with the dd i/m.
celica_2nr is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:04 PM   #20
Gtsjeg04
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by celica_2nr View Post
its just a t/b for the dbw guys to use with the dd i/m.
Whats the size of it? I might want one.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:11 PM   #21
Shizuma
Professional Carsmith

Send a message via AIM to Shizuma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted2.0 View Post
Update:

We now have both Q45 and DBW intake manifolds in stock

We now have Energy Suspension mount inserts and 440cc injectors in stock

We now have MR2 2ZZ swap headers and harnesses in stock. Still working on the other swap parts.
Pm'd sir.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:07 AM   #22
Boosted2.0

Quote:
I make an intake manifold for cars with drive by wire throttle bodies. It accepts the 07+ Tundra 5.7 L TB which the stock ecu seems unable to distinguish from the the stock DBW throttle body. The ID is waaaay bigger than stock (like 78mm IIRC) and can be bored out to like 82mm by maxbore if you are interested.

I do not normally stock the actual DBW throttle bodies, just the manifold, but I can get them easily enough.

If you want to talk about it you can email me at [email protected] or you can call my cell at 832 421 7422

Old 06-17-2010, 10:23 AM   #23
Cap

Do you have Plans to spend the Extra Time ( Money ) to get any of your Products CARB legal for us Boys in Ca.?
Cap is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:58 AM   #24
bloodytiger
Un-Registered User

Hey Boosted how's the new shop coming along?

Celica GT 1zz(Turbo Auto) 232whp 211tq Mods: Custom TK.com TurboKit(installed by DDPR),Garrett GT2560R, Hydra EMS, PCS TCM, DDPR ECU Box and Dual Catch Can, GT-S Auto Trans, 3" DynoMax VT muffler, 3" Vibrant Performance Can, P&P throttle body , 17" Velox PG-5S rims, BFG KDW2 tires, Kics Titanium Blue lug nuts, Wilwood BBK, GT-S Rear Brake Conversion, Eibach sportlines, Koni yellows, Hotchkis Sways, TRD rear strut bar, s2000 antenna, OEM HID headlights, Retro-Solutions HIDs, Tsunami tail lights and hood scoop, Clear side markers, Pioneer AVH-3300BT HU, Boyo revers camera
Old 06-17-2010, 11:37 AM   #25
Boosted2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
Do you have Plans to spend the Extra Time ( Money ) to get any of your Products CARB legal for us Boys in Ca.?
The honest answer is that I do have the desire, but not the time and money at the moment.

I build hardcore performance stuff - its all technically "For offroad use only"

Once the shop is up and running and I have a decent cash flow going I will look into CARB approval. It shouldn't be too hard to get since I'm not eliminating or modifying the emissions equipment. Its just a matter of having the $$$ that Carb wants for this kind of testing.

Old 06-17-2010, 12:50 PM   #26
bloodytiger
Un-Registered User

I understand, it takes money to make money. Well I hope everything works out for you.

I would like to get my turbo installed if your up for it, I know how busy you are so I'm not in a huge rush. I just don't know nor trust anyone else to do it in my area, so I'm willing to wait for you to get time.

Old 06-17-2010, 01:50 PM   #27
Boosted2.0

Sure - give me a call sometime and we can get you scheduled.

Also I will drop a hint here and say that we do have some other non-powertrain parts under development and testing phases. They are also performance parts aimed at serious enthusiasts. I'm not giving any more info than that until they are ready to sell.

Old 06-17-2010, 03:21 PM   #28
bloodytiger
Un-Registered User

^^ygpm

Old 06-17-2010, 07:27 PM   #29
Gtsjeg04
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by many View Post
Not according to what he posted

Quote:
I make an intake manifold for cars with drive by wire throttle bodies. It accepts the 07+ Tundra 5.7 L TB which the stock ecu seems unable to distinguish from the the stock DBW throttle body. The ID is waaaay bigger than stock (like 78mm IIRC) and can be bored out to like 82mm by maxbore if you are interested.

I do not normally stock the actual DBW throttle bodies, just the manifold, but I can get them easily enough.

If you want to talk about it you can email me at [email protected] or you can call my cell at 832 421 7422
Quote:
Sure - give me a call sometime and we can get you scheduled.

Also I will drop a hint here and say that we do have some other non-powertrain parts under development and testing phases. They are also performance parts aimed at serious enthusiasts. I'm not giving any more info than that until they are ready to sell.
Can I call you and talk about these other parts you have under development and testing as well?
Old 06-18-2010, 06:18 AM   #30
Boosted2.0

Quote:
Can I call you and talk about these other parts you have under development and testing as well?
You can call, but I won't generally discuss new products with people. If you are still actively autocrossing and drag racing your car I will probably make an exception and offer you a chance at the stuff before it hits the market if you are willing to participate in testing and evaluation.

I will not be announcing new products to the general public until they are in stock and ready for sale, except to the individuals chosen to test them.

If there is a product you want / need that isn't currently available you can of course always contact me and ask me to consider making them.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:49 AM   #31
jamespocoloco

I knew Celi will someday be good NA. Woooo DD Perfomance ^_^
jamespocoloco is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:29 AM   #32
celica_2nr

i cant wait to see what all you have instore for the celica community. when will the shop be up?
Old 06-18-2010, 09:20 AM   #33
Boosted2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by celica_2nr View Post
i cant wait to see what all you have instore for the celica community. when will the shop be up?
Dunno. City of Sealy bounced the plans back to my civil engineering firm yesterday for a few tweaks and clarifications on the ADA access door locations (Yes, they are making me put 2 Handicapped parking spots outside of my R&D shop. as well as handicapped approved grading to the lot and wheelchair access doors) Apparently there is a new emerging market of severely handicapped people that like to race their cars that I was previously unaware of. I think thats awesome, but I haven't found their forum yet

Old 06-18-2010, 09:43 AM   #34
00blackGTS

Quote:
Apparently there is a new emerging market of severely handicapped people that like to race their cars that I was previously unaware of. I think thats awesome, but I haven't found their forum yet

I have seen several heavily modified evo's and mustangs etc parked in handicap spots with legitimate handicap plates, as to whether they would need a handicap ramp probably not

Ninja GT-S
00blackGTS is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:51 PM   #35
Gtsjeg04
Banned

Quote:
You can call, but I won't generally discuss new products with people. If you are still actively autocrossing and drag racing your car I will probably make an exception and offer you a chance at the stuff before it hits the market if you are willing to participate in testing and evaluation.

I will not be announcing new products to the general public until they are in stock and ready for sale, except to the individuals chosen to test them.

If there is a product you want / need that isn't currently available you can of course always contact me and ask me to consider making them.
I'll give you a call Monday. Whenever the car is running, there is something scheduled every weekend for the car to go do. It should be ready to go by next weekend. I also have access to a dyno since I have a full time contract at shop here in town
Old 06-21-2010, 08:08 AM   #36
jamespocoloco

Handicap going to a shop to tune up their car hmmmm =/ i can go outside and break my toe and than go doctor and than DMV and claim a handicap sticker to park closer LoL. Ghettooo
jamespocoloco is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:37 AM   #37
Jesse IL

If you've ever spent any amount of time on or around an Army base, you know that you see lots of wounded soldiers and lots of modified cars.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:57 AM   #38
Boosted2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse IL View Post
If you've ever spent any amount of time on or around an Army base, you know that you see lots of wounded soldiers and lots of modified cars.
A good point. I've never spent any time on a military base. And its a good thing to have them I suppose - I just thought 2 spots was amusing - I've only had more than one customer present about 3 times total in the last 5 years.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:09 PM   #39
Soo__Fuego
Ultraviolent

Quote:

Dave any interest in maybe buying the dimensions for the rear roll-couple kit and the c-one steering rack bushings off Throttle and Preludekid?

https://newcelica.org/forums/showthre...ght=speedfried

https://newcelica.org/forums/showthre...c-one+bushings
Old 06-21-2010, 12:46 PM   #40
euromotorsports

i'm def for the C-One steering rack bushings if you're willing to make.
euromotorsports is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:21 PM   #41
Boosted2.0

I'm willing to make any of that stuff. I will contact them and see if they are interested in handing the products over to me.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:22 PM   #42
Illusive

Send a message via AIM to Illusive
Quote:
A good point. I've never spent any time on a military base. And its a good thing to have them I suppose - I just thought 2 spots was amusing - I've only had more than one customer present about 3 times total in the last 5 years.
Exactly. It's not like the parking lot is going to be the size of a drive in movie theater. 2 disabled spots seems a bit excessive when there's like 6-8 or so slots on the drawing board for designated parking.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:33 AM   #43
Boosted2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soo__Fuego View Post
Dave any interest in maybe buying the dimensions for the rear roll-couple kit and the c-one steering rack bushings off Throttle and Preludekid?

https://newcelica.org/forums/showthre...ght=speedfried

https://newcelica.org/forums/showthre...c-one+bushings
Your wish is my command.

I just sent Throttle the paypal for the rights to the rollcenter kit - he will provide me with the drawings and parts list.

I have been talking to Preludekid, and he will be making the rack bushings, but I will inventory and sell them stateside. We have agreed on a price for the first batch and he is sending me the first set to check fitment before we pull the trigger on an entire batch.

Old 07-06-2010, 09:37 AM   #44
celica_2nr

Quote:
Your wish is my command.

I just sent Throttle the paypal for the rights to the rollcenter kit - he will provide me with the drawings and parts list.

I have been talking to Preludekid, and he will be making the rack bushings, but I will inventory and sell them stateside. We have agreed on a price for the first batch and he is sending me the first set to check fitment before we pull the trigger on an entire batch.
thats awesome.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:53 AM   #45
euromotorsports

that is awesome, count me in for a set of the steering rack bushings
euromotorsports is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:45 AM   #46
Soo__Fuego
Ultraviolent

Quote:
Your wish is my command.

I cant believe I missed this post.

Ready when you are.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:48 AM   #47
bt216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soo__Fuego View Post
Ready when you are.
+1
bt216 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:49 AM   #48
Boosted2.0

Oh - I signed a deal with a hardware company, and starting next week I will have stainless steel allen head cap screw dress up kits for all the valve cover bolts (including ignition coils) and another kit for fuel rail as well.

The valve cover kit will be under $20 I suspect, and the fuel rail kit will probably be under $6

Old 07-23-2010, 10:50 AM   #49
bt216

^I'll take em. paypal ready.
bt216 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:52 AM   #50
Boosted2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt216 View Post
^I'll take em. paypal ready.
Cool - I'll get the prices up later this weekend.