Go Back   NewCelica.org Forum > Celica Discussion > Multimedia > Readers Rides

Readers Rides Lets See Your Rides

Support NCO
Google

Old 01-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
maveric22
GTS Turbo

The Maverick Build.

Let me begin by stating that I am currently building my 3rd Celica at the moment. I will begin by telling about the first two I had.
My first Celica was a 6th Gen 1995 base model. I bought it in highschool (2008). It was my third vehicle and I sold a
Ranger pick-up I had to join "The import Scene". It was silver in color, had aknock and smoked a little due to a bad valve.

I stupidly bought it with 221k miles on it.
I started by sanding down the bondo, painting the car 3-4different colors, even driving it back and forth to school in primer.

(what it started out as.)
I added a thrush welded mufler, short ram intake, some minor engine dress up, lowering springs, window tint and Montegi wheels.

In 2010 I blew the engine completely due to a bad oil pump.
In late 2010, I towed the car from Florida and I rebuilt the engne with the help of Greens racing in Missouri, also painted
the car plasma blue.

Sometime later I drove back to florida in the 6G and joined the Air Force.
Early 2011, I buy a 2004 Celica GTS and sell the 6G a month later.

My RED 2004 SUPER RED II Celica
MODS
Bomex front bumper with molded ED Sideskirts and A Blits rear bumper.
18" MSR wheels

KYB AGX Coiovers

DRAGON INTAKE< replaced later with spectre filter
APEXI Exhaust
TRD wing
Wet shot 75 pill NOS kit (Texas Nitrous Technologies)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then in April 2011 some fool in a brand new Tahoe ran a light doing 80 and T-Boned me
(

End of the Red celica.

So in May 2011 I found this completely stock 2004 GTS with the factory action package.
I drove to Oklahoma and bought it from a guy who collected Corvettes of all things.

So before I even drove home I went and bought a pair of Black chrome MBs. I bought 16",
because they were discontinued and they didnt carry them in 18"
SO I drove back to texas. I installd my 75 shot wetNitrous kit,
4 point harnesses with TRD pads and Magnaflow exhaust.
Then I got stationed in Virginia.

I got to virginia and decided I needed Tien Lowering springs ( I got a wicked deal on these,
I paid 110.00 plus shipping). I Installed them at the local Auto hobby shop.
The drop was 1.75 ish in front and 2.25 in back If I am not mistaken.
Installed LEDs in bottom holes of bumper and on headlights, later removed the headlight ones.

Then I ordered and installed the AEM CAI after having trouble with the ebay CAI.
I ran my car at a local circle track one wednesday and had slow times due to the
rear end sliding because of crappy Good Year all season tires.

Got home, Ordered Summer performance tires from Sumitomo.

A local toyota Mechanic, who is a User on NC sold me a CF hood

, I turned around
and sold it a month later ish for 150 and kept the tsunami scoop.

November 2011 I was "drifting in an open lot around a set up cone course" with a 350z,
civic hatch and Evo. I was doing great for about an hour due to the wet pavement as FWD
leads to more powerslides than drifts. Then BANG I slid off course at about 45mph and trashed
a wheel, a rear knuckle, hub assembly, rear control arm and I somehow managed to not put a single
scratch on the body.

I got it home and had to fly to nevada for a month, Saved money while I was gone,
Got back and ordered everything I needed except a wheel as the wheels I have are
discontinued in black chrome.
I searched the internet and could not find a replacement wheel anywhere.
I called discount tire's warehouse in texas and they said they no longer carried them,
I called MB and got the same answer.
A week later after wheel shopping almost everyday, I get a rather heavy package at the door,
with a note from Discount tire's warehouse;
We "no longer stock this item, and cannot technically sell this product to you.
But we found one in the warehouse, So DTD is sending you this gift as a reward to a valued customer,
Thanks and we look forward to your continued business."
Awesome, FREE brand new wheel.

I installed all of my parts and 3 alignments later it was better than new.
The next month I Grenaded a stage 2 clutch with spray. Car was down 2 or 3 months,

(Cracked pressure plate)

Chunk of Pressure plate that tore the crap out of the inside of my bell housing.

So I bought a Black cobalt SS with a turbo on it instead of the supercharger to drive until I
finished rebuilding the celica. (It's now my Daily Driver)

I Replaced everything in the bell housing with Stage 3 parts on the Celica.
Did the MIL eliminator Mod.

Then I discovered MWR, It was like puberty all over again.

I ordered me a set of pistons (MAHLE 9.0:1) and headstuds and a few misc gaskets and bearings.
Then I was talking to an MR2 guy at work and we worked a deal on an AEM FIC
Then the magic began.
I found a new Wet Nitrous kit (NOS brand) still in vacume wrap package for 200.00 and I picked it up.

A week later I discovered the scoote 2 CF hood and blindy bought it unknowing of the fitament issues.

after discovering the CF hood would not clear the engine plastics, I cut the bottom of the hood,

(Pieces I had to cut out with a dremel)
removed the plastics, relocated the battery, tilted the ECU, shaved the top of the fuse box cover

Installed the hood and AERO CATCH flush hood pins.

AT this point I started following the Celica wire tuck thread and wanted to do a wire tuck, But things were
off to a slow start and still arnt done.

I then installed the new spray kit and painted and polished the engine bay, valve cover,TB, intake manifold and CAI.

Removed my back seat, Ran my 4 points to the back seat anchors.

Then After removing my TRD wing I discovered I had no third brake light, So I cut open the dummy one on the
roof of my car, inserted a LED strip wred it up and BAM: Third functioning brake light.

Also I made a how to thread on how to do this but i never showed up on the site so I will have to try it again soon.

Then I wanted to paint my roof and trunk gloss black after I discovered primer showing through on the roof
and the holes I had to fill from the TRD wing on the trunk lid. After sanding, priming and attempting gloss black 3
times in high humidity, I decided to go with sain black until the summer.

I then removed my Intake manifold and found oil that had bypassed the PCV valve.
Installed DTP Oil catch can to remedy.
Removed Oilcatch can as the fittings leaked air and made my oil pressure and idle go crazy.
will re install quality one later.

Recently user livejordan and myself decided to figure out some Audio issues I was having. When I purchased the celica it had a 4 channel amp in the rear for the front six speakers and a separate amp for a small sub. I didn't realize how sh*ty the sound was until my wife complained tthat the Left to right audio was playing front to back. I assumed the 4 channel amp was installed to bypass a possible blown factory amp but I was never certain. So live jordan and I pulled the passenger side plastics apart under the dash and discovered a crap ton of butt plugged wires and about 80 ft of random speaker wire.
This made me so mad.

I also found two Raptor audio wire to aux cable converter boxes and more butt plugs. I swear not a single wire was soldered or heat shrinked.
SO I had to do something. I labeled all the wires, disconnected and reconnected one speaker to the factory amp to test and guess what? That sh*t worked.
SO I rewired my whole sound system, removed the four channel amp out of the back, eliminated the mass of speaker wire and wired the car properly. I also replaced the front two speakers and rewired the rear sub properly.
Now my audio sounds fresh and crisp.

I also added the Energy Suspension Motor mount inserts after helping a friend install them on his mazda speed3. He told me His wheel hop went away So I ordered a set with the matrix part number.

I installed the front first and discovered it was pretty easy. The rear took a bit Of time and after struggling to try and remove the rear torque/motor mount for about an hour, I decided to just grease the inserts up and slide them into place with the mount still above the k frame. It worked out after that.
I did notice a little bit of a reduction in wheel hop, less motor rock and you can definitely feel the engine/torque when I mash on it now.
I did have numerous rattle sounds in the interior that I had to track down and eliminate. I am down to just one now and its a tricky one. The key is rattling in the lock and tumbler. I might mold a black silicone cap for the tumblers key hole to eliminate the rattle.

I modified my stock sway bars to decrease body roll and I made a thread for everyone so they can perform the same modification.
The Results were great.

Here is the link for everyone;
https://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=346927

So last night I drained my tranny fluid since an old mechanic put mt-90 in it and it would grind gears in cold weather.

When I drained it I was upset to only find 1 quart inside. That was frustrating and mentally
I am blaming him for the second gear down shifting issue.
So to compensate for the issues I mixed 2 quarts of synchromesh and 1 quart castrol c 90. Then I poured in 2.4 quarts and
oh my what a difference that made. It shifts really smooth now. Hopefully when I get my MWR brass bushings that will make shifting feel even better. I might be trying to get an MRS 5 speed after hearing how tough they are considering the amount of boost I plan pushing in the near future.

Also one of my friends just left for japan for 3 months and I have his evo 8 transmission and engine sitting in my garage. Looks like I will be stripping it down so we can ship it out for its second mass rebuild in 2 months. He's looking to push 600 AWHP. So I have a lot of work to do if I want to pull away from him. My guess is he will put a modest tune on it and push 500awhp. So when considering the weight difference in our cars, I should be good at 500HP.
Oh and I have been shopping for the perfect turbo set up tee hee

Well I painted my NOS bottle red to match my engine paint, Now to paint the Bottle brackets. I still need to order a purge kit and WOT swith ECU.

Here's an update.

I received my short throw from Monkey Wrench Racing today.
I couldn't wait to install it, So I did it on my lunch break from work.

It feels great. I might be the first person to say this and I hope no one thinks I am crazy but It might even
be a little too short for me. I asked MWR to throw some extra decals into my order and I didn't get any

Also when I had my center console apart I found these two wire connectors underneath
disconnected. Does anyone know what these are for? my guess is they are for an automatic?

One of my close friends is in japan right now and he's trying to find me a JDM climate control display! yay!

New lock actuators and MOD done.

NicelowZ sent me my new clocksprink, I installed and everything works great again!

Got my New HID's in my OEM HID housings installed! 8000k

Update 26FEB2013
I got my wheel spacers in the mail today after ordering them last week after Bernie and I discussed what sizes I should order. I wanted a better looking fenderwell fill without a massive gap. I ended up rolling the inside of my fenders but I am completely against stretching my tires.

After opening the package I noticed there well these hubcentric pieces which made me mad because the website said it was a 1 piece part.
After giving Bernie my wheel specs, He told me to try 30mm in the rear and 25mm in the front.
I ended up measuring on my own and ordered 32mm rear and 25mm front which turned out amazing.
Test fit

The finished rear;

Before; After;

Will post picture of it outside the garage when it stops raining outside and the pavement is dry.
New coilovers soon, Plus new wheels and tires.
My current black chrome wheels and tires are for sale. PM me. No curb rash, or issues. 1.5 years
old. 16 inch. Tires have 80 percent tread and are high performance summer tires.
The plan is to Boost this 2zz within the next year and push 400-500WHP
Very dooable on my budget.
More to come including the pictures and more mods/ issues I have yet to type up.
Comments are welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevershoutchris View Post
And your research is supposed to outweigh Maverick's experience?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanundrum View Post
Actually your airbag will go off at any minute

You should stick your genitals in some peanut butter
My build thread;
https://www.newcelica.org/forums/show...rerid=13372630

Last edited by maveric22; 03-12-2013 at 07:54 PM..
maveric22 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 09:53 PM   #2
yzrider07
FU-Q

Looking forward to the progress

yzrider07 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #3
gjkissel2

such a great read! love what you've done to the car as well, would love to see the 400 whp you talk about actually happen!
gjkissel2 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2013, 11:45 PM   #4
DOJAGUY
DA General of the ARMY

Lookin good so far
DOJAGUY is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:43 AM   #5
R I C H I E
The Seventh Letter

3p0 Certified
R I C H I E is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:37 AM   #6
livejordan
SLO2ZZ

Nice, love that 6g!

v v t L - i
livejordan is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:25 AM   #7
Ghost Dragon
Klaatu barada nikto

Wow, I didn't know you put yourself through all that to fit the hood. You really didn't have to relocate so many components, or chop the underside of the hood. The Scoote hits numerous engine plastics, but can be solved with minor re-fabrication to just the covers, like the fuse and ECM. Also, I went with an Optima battery, which sits much lower than other types, and fully clears all custom hoods in the stock battery position. Not to mention Optima is one of the best batteries.

Of course that is all moot since you already did it another way, just seems like you put yourself through a lot more work than was needed to fit the hood. Good work though.

The car is looking good so far.

TRIAL . C-ONE . MWR . VEILSIDE . ACT . VARRSTOEN . TEIN . ANSA . BEATRUSH . EBC . INJEN . TRD . BRASHBOY . OH MY!
Ghost Dragon is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:51 AM   #8
livejordan
SLO2ZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Dragon View Post
Wow, I didn't know you put yourself through all that to fit the hood. You really didn't have to relocate so many components, or chop the underside of the hood. The Scoote hits numerous engine plastics, but can be solved with minor re-fabrication to just the covers, like the fuse and ECM. Also, I went with an Optima battery, which sits much lower than other types, and fully clears all custom hoods in the stock battery position. Not to mention Optima is one of the best batteries.

Of course that is all moot since you already did it another way, just seems like you put yourself through a lot more work than was needed to fit the hood. Good work though.

He relocated his battery to the back so that wasn't much of a problem.

v v t L - i
Old 01-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #9
Ghost Dragon
Klaatu barada nikto

The battery was the least of it.

TRIAL . C-ONE . MWR . VEILSIDE . ACT . VARRSTOEN . TEIN . ANSA . BEATRUSH . EBC . INJEN . TRD . BRASHBOY . OH MY!
Old 01-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #10
louismanuel

Very nice
louismanuel is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #11
maveric22
GTS Turbo

Quote:

"You really didn't have to relocate so many components, or chop the underside of the hood."

Wrong, Even with everything removed during the test fitting, My scoote 2 hood still came into contact with my valve cover. It was only when shifting hard, But I did not want to run the risk of scraping paint off the valve cover or cracking the hood from below.
After cutting out the center piece, I had no problems, If you didn't have this problem with yours, then you lucked out.

I didn't change batteries because frankly I have had bad luck with Optima red tops, My battery is brand new and I took advantage of the opportunity to relocate the battery for better weight distribution.
As for engine plastics, I just removed them. Its just extra weight. (maybe 3 lbs?)

Thanks for the comments everyone and I plan to update this at least once a week.

Quote:
Quote:

My build thread;
Old 01-07-2013, 05:00 PM   #12
Ghost Dragon
Klaatu barada nikto

Well, I guess you did have to do all that if your particular hood was extra difficult. I just didn't need to with my old Scoote hood. Fortunately, the CF Veilside FFGT fit perfectly and I didn't need to toil. That was a real pleasure. Also, I don't use the Red top, the Yellow top was specifically recommended to me by an Optima tech for the 7th gen Celica at a show I did several years back. What trouble did you have with the red?

In any case, you did specifically invite comments in your thread. I had no intention of annoying, just trying to be constructive and comparing info man. I did say some positive things about your car too you know.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #13
CRBCelica

Your car looks good and I cant wait for the wire tuck. The 6th gen and the red 7th gen was too much on the rice side for me. The only thing I would suggest is bigger wheels. Keep it up.

02 Celica GT- Garage Queen 2zz 6spd Turbocharged
96 Celica GT- RIP 9/13/15
14 Camry SE- Daily Driver

Garret GT2871R HKS C-ONE TRIAL TRD CarbignCraft BrashBoy RMM Skunk2 Projectkics BC Racing RAYS GRAMLIGHTS SEIBON

CRBCelica is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:53 PM   #14
maveric22
GTS Turbo

Quote:
Well, I guess you did have to do all that if your particular hood was extra difficult. I just didn't need to with my old Scoote hood. Fortunately, the CF Veilside FFGT fit perfectly and I didn't need to toil. That was a real pleasure. Also, I don't use the Red top, the Yellow top was specifically recommended to me by an Optima tech for the 7th gen Celica at a show I did several years back. What trouble did you have with the red?

In any case, you did specifically invite comments in your thread. I had no intention of annoying, just trying to be constructive and comparing info man. I did say some positive things about your car too you know.
I wasn't upset about your comments, I encourage them.
I do like your new hood with white.

I had the red top in the 6G and it "went bad" within two months of owning it. It wasn't the car, def the battery.

I am Beginning to wonder if there were different versions of the scoote 2 hood.

Quote:
Quote:

My build thread;
Old 01-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #15
Ghost Dragon
Klaatu barada nikto

Thanks man.

Yeah, it does make you wonder. Maybe the Scoote manufacturers just kept using the same damn mold until it fell apart, instead of updating with a new one every year or two like they're supposed to. That could account for warping and some some other issues. My Veilside was actually made to order believe it or not. They don't store the big pieces in Japan, so they laid up the CF and shipped it overseas within two weeks of my order.

I never heard that about the red tops before, I'll have to look into it. Maybe they started cheap manufacturing in Mexico. The quality often drops when they try to save a buck on mass production.

Keep goin on that car.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #16
maveric22
GTS Turbo

Here's an update.

I received my short throw from Monkey Wrench Racing today.
I couldn't wait to install it, So I did it on my lunch break from work.

It feels great. I might be the first person to say this and I hope no one thinks I am crazy but It might even be a little too short for me. I asked MWR to throw some extra decals into my order and I didn't get any

Also when I had my center console apart I found these two wire connectors underneath disconnected. Does anyone know what these are for? my guess is they are for an automatic?

One of my close friends is in japan right now and he's trying to find me a JDM climate control display! yay!
Also I have been trying to decide upon new wheels. Right now i'm trying to decide between
DRAGS

or MB's

Your thoughts?

Quote:
Quote:

My build thread;
Old 01-11-2013, 09:55 PM   #17
gjkissel2

Quote:
Originally Posted by maveric22 View Post
Here's an update.

Also I have been trying to decide upon new wheels. Right now i'm trying to decide between
DRAGS

or MB's

Your thoughts?
personally i like your current wheels more than either of those (from what i can tell just by the pictures), but out of those two, the bottom wheels would look nicer on your car!
Old 01-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #18
maveric22
GTS Turbo

I still have not chosen new wheels.

Quote:
Quote:

My build thread;

Last edited by maveric22; 03-06-2013 at 06:40 PM..
Old 01-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #19
DxBOY15
@celicatoast

nice ride man keep up the good work !
Old 01-14-2013, 06:01 PM   #20
maveric22
GTS Turbo

I got some new parts in the mail today including my LED bulbs to make my custom tailights. I have a bunch of resistors I am going to have to solder into the circuit as the LEDs are only 1.8-2.2 volts
Last night I mounted my Nitrouse bottle on a custom bracket in the back corner of the car instead of between the back two seats.I my wife just told me I have a baby on the way so I thought I would get the area ready for the back seat to go in.

Also I sent user fathorsejr money via paypal tonight for a clockspring.
Hopefully he notices

Quote:
Quote:

My build thread;

Last edited by maveric22; 01-15-2013 at 05:28 AM..
Old 01-14-2013, 07:39 PM   #21
PBCR
I don't care

This thread is really exciting. I love your celica

DOJAGUY-whats a Syria?
Shizuma-I believe it's an old, old, wooden ship.
PBCR is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:07 AM   #22
straight rippin
DA Captain

congrats on the little one. also keep up the good work.
straight rippin is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:45 AM   #23
T3HKMAN
Work Done, Sexy Time.

Send a message via AIM to T3HKMAN
Quote:
Also when I had my center console apart I found these two wire connectors underneath disconnected. Does anyone know what these are for? my guess is they are for an automatic?
Yeah for the auto, nothing to concern yourself about.

Quote:
Looking to do this mod as well, don't forget all the motors as well. Have him look for two I need the 03 front.

Most importantly Congrats on the new addition to the family.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:52 PM   #24
maveric22
GTS Turbo

Installed new lock actuators thanks to the thread on aftermarket ones.

Pics of my freshly painted bottle in the new bracket location:

Ordered new 8000K HID kit for my factory HID lamps.
Ordered a TRD oil cap.
I need to pull that evo motor apart in my garage soon for my friend. I hate rebuilds
Helped a Honda kid change his headlight housings and tons more work to do on his car
I hate being the hangout garage, I get stuck teaching everyone else how to do things.
Also got an iphone 5 so my pictures will be better from now on

Quote:
Quote:

My build thread;
Old 01-16-2013, 09:38 PM   #25
maveric22
GTS Turbo

waiting on someone to mail me a clockspring. I'm terribly sick right now and working twelves at the base so

It's supposed to snow tommorow though so maybe Ill get the celica out of the garage and take some pictures of it. I don't think its ever seen the snow.
Also, there is an extra wire on our factory clockspring that makes it possible to put a NOS trigger switch in our factory steering wheel. I am thinking about making another thread. I have pics for two others.... now this is a third I need to post.

Quote:
Quote:

My build thread;
Old 01-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #26
livejordan
SLO2ZZ

Quote:
Installed new lock actuators thanks to the thread on aftermarket ones.

Pics of my freshly painted bottle in the new bracket location:

Ordered new 8000K HID kit for my factory HID lamps.
Ordered a TRD oil cap.
I need to pull that evo motor apart in my garage soon for my friend. I hate rebuilds
Helped a Honda kid change his headlight housings and tons more work to do on his car
I hate being the hangout garage, I get stuck teaching everyone else how to do things.
Also got an iphone 5 so my pictures will be better from now on
Hopefully i can get over there this week to help you..
Lol, i told Kont to look on Youtube....
"I'm sick bro" always works
Yusssss, better pics

Lookin real good though!

v v t L - i
Old 01-23-2013, 02:58 PM   #27
maveric22
GTS Turbo

AEM FIC, MB SEVENX, TIEN S, CHASER SCOOTE 2 CF Hood, wing delete, KICKER CF BOX, AEM CAI, 125 HP wet shot NOS fogger kit, TRD4 Points with shoulder pads, Magnaflow cat and catback system, custom header, Mil eliminator, Aerocatch flush hood pins, Hawk pads, TRD/ action package full kit (Authentic), Rear sway bar mod.
more to come.

Quote:
Quote:

My build thread;
Old 01-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #28
mrfunny107

Quote:
AEM FIC, MB SEVENX, TIEN S, CHASER SCOOTE 2 CF Hood, wing delete, KICKER CF BOX, AEM CAI, 125 HP wet shot NOS fogger kit, TRD4 Points with shoulder pads, Magnaflow cat and catback system, custom header, Mil eliminator, Aerocatch flush hood pins, Hawk pads, TRD/ action package full kit (Authentic), Rear sway bar mod.
more to come.
Last I checked I dont think Toyota made harnesses.

Too much.....
mrfunny107 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #29
maveric22
GTS Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfunny107 View Post
Last I checked I dont think Toyota made harnesses.
pretty sure the harnesses were bought online (probably a knock-off) but the shoulder pads I ordered were TRD. I purchased them seperately.
I actually have a queistion for you......what is your top 5 tire brands for traction?
I feel like I have gone through too many tire brands over the last couple of years and been unhappy, so far the best has been falken. Goodyears were crap and Summitomos were so-so.

Quote:
Quote:

My build thread;
Old 01-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #30
CRBCelica

how did you mount the seat belt harness? pictures of your interior!

02 Celica GT- Garage Queen 2zz 6spd Turbocharged
96 Celica GT- RIP 9/13/15
14 Camry SE- Daily Driver

Garret GT2871R HKS C-ONE TRIAL TRD CarbignCraft BrashBoy RMM Skunk2 Projectkics BC Racing RAYS GRAMLIGHTS SEIBON

CRBCelica is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #31
mrfunny107

go on tire rack and look at the UTCG..... something like that rating. That is your tread wear rating. lower the # the stickier the tire, but dont expect them to last long, maybe 1 year if you drive hard.

Look into the hankook R-S3. They are inexpensive, and track proven. 140 tread wear. and that is the minimum tread wear for STC autox classifications. So they will be amazing.

Too much.....
mrfunny107 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #32
maveric22
GTS Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfunny107 View Post
go on tire rack and look at the UTCG..... something like that rating. That is your tread wear rating. lower the # the stickier the tire, but dont expect them to last long, maybe 1 year if you drive hard.

Look into the hankook R-S3. They are inexpensive, and track proven. 140 tread wear. and that is the minimum tread wear for STC autox classifications. So they will be amazing.
Thanks man!

and CRBCelica- They are mounted to the rear car seat anchors. (Until the kid comes) and got matching carpet and fitted it around the back. If you scroll up you can see my harnesses. LiveJordan has his the same way considering he is over at my garage all the time.
If you want your harnesses as safe as possible, get a harness bar for behind the front two seats, also instead of just attaching your lap belt to itself under the seat, which you can do, mount it to the body under the seat to custom brackets utilizing the seat rail bolts as anchors or if you must drill through the floor pan an use massive washers underneath. (I do not recomend this.)
also some people sugest criss crossing the straps behind the seats but I only recomend this if you have a seat with individual harness holes (2) i the headrest as the celica only has one hole. I didnt criss cross because I didnt want the harnesses hurting my kneck.

Quote:
Quote:

My build thread;
Old 02-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #33
maveric22
GTS Turbo

Should I buy the Fensport celica GT4X?http://www.fensport.co.uk/FensportCa...ica_GT4_X.aspx I also have
some updates on my car that I will post up later.

Quote:
Quote:

My build thread;
Old 02-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #34
2KGTrd
Turbo 2zz

Quote:
your top 5 tire brands for traction?
Dunlop Direzza ZII
Nitto NT 01
Dunlop Direzza Star Spec
Hankook Rs3
Kuhmo XS

these will be the best street tire you can buy
mediocre ones that still provide decent performance are in no particular order

Bridgestone Potenza RE11, Falken Alteniz, Nitto Invo, Yokohama S Drive, BFG Traction TA
Old 02-04-2013, 03:26 PM   #35
Dnar
B A N K A I

Toyo proxes? Toyo R888? ;D

------------------------------RedLine------------------------------
Dnar is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:55 PM   #36
T3HKMAN
Work Done, Sexy Time.

Send a message via AIM to T3HKMAN
Quote:
Should I buy the Fensport celica GT4X?http://www.fensport.co.uk/FensportCa...ica_GT4_X.aspx I also have
some updates on my car that I will post up later.
If you have the money lying around for that and it won't break your bank. Yes. For completely selfish reasons. I'm local to you and will hit you up for a ride.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:54 PM   #37
maveric22
GTS Turbo

26FEB13
I updated my original post, I installed wheel spacers today, they came out sick.

Quote:
Quote:

My build thread;
Old 02-26-2013, 07:59 PM   #38
Method320
Supporter

Car looks great with the spacers
Old 02-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #39
straight rippin
DA Captain

Very nice. Keep it up.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:13 PM   #40
maveric22
GTS Turbo

28FEB13 Update.
So I finally installed the walmart fogs, they look okay but if they don't grow on me, they are going to go. I'm not too keen on the looks and I wish they were about a 1/4 inch wider.
Also in this picture you can see my stance with the wheel spacers. I drove it today and there was a small vibration upfront that eventually worked itself out.

Also I finished my battery relocation and did some more Audio wiring,it came out very clean and now I can put my rear seat in again if need be considering there is no longer a car battery in the rear footwell. I spent close to 100 USD in wiring at west marine today, but I didnt want to have starting/ charging issues. I also located my speaker rattle, It was a wire hanging in front of my door speaker. Fixed it so now I can listen to dubstep without feeling like there is a fly buzzing in my as*.
Here is a pic

And I plan to have the paint less dent repair guy come by soon and work out all the dents and dings on my car, I can't wait for it to look amazing again considering the 1.5 years I have lived in Virginia has led to 8 small dings. Pretty Sh*ty considering I did not get a single dent in Texas or Florida.
I will add more updates soon.

Quote:
Quote:

My build thread;
Old 03-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #41
maveric22
GTS Turbo

I bought a torque wrench from autozone the other day while installing my spacers, That sh*t was f*cked, I drove down the road and almost lost a wheel thanks to a bad torque wrench according to the manager.
I learned my lesson, Stick with Snap on.
I will post pictures of the aftermath in tomorrow.

Quote:
Quote:

My build thread;
Old 03-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #42
DOJAGUY
DA General of the ARMY

Hey man! Good shit here. I need some fogs for my front. Send me some close ups of those fogs. Hit me with some angles. Maybe I can make a sleeve to make it look better.
DOJAGUY is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:44 PM   #43
maveric22
GTS Turbo

Well as promised, I have pictures of the wheel spacer/ lug nut issue caused by a bad torque wrench.
It started off as a wobble and I managed to pull over before any studs broke, although you can see where the edges of the wheel were rubbing on the edges of the spacer.

Then I marked on the spacer to monitor further wear to be certain that the wear was indeed caused by the loose lugs.

My car on the lift while I was removing the spacers, marking, and re installing the flush nuts with thread locker.

Once I re installed and hit it with a snapon torque wrench, all was good. No wobble, no more vibration and no more worries.
Then after leaving the shop I decided to fill up at the gas station on base. I pulled in and reached for my gas lid lever and pop! I ripped it off. Oh man! I was actually suprised that it broke considering I hadn't pulled very hard on it and remember pulling on it a lot harder in the past with no problem.
SO I still manged to pull the cable and get gas but when I got home tonight from work, I walked out to the garage and lifted the carpet. removed the cable from the body and the 10 mm bold holding the plastic lever assembly to the frame. Once removed I took it into the house, cleaned all of the grease off of it and hit the broken contact points with a wire brush.
Once they were roughed up a bit, I mixed some JB weld and fixed it right up. The picture below is the broken assembly. If for some reason the JB weld does not hold up, which I highly doubt it will break again, I will order a new one.

I will re install tomorrow and hopefully it holds up.
I am talking to a guy who has a beatrush underpan and is giving me a wicked deal on it and I should be ordering my coilovers next week!
I have also been shopping for parts for my turbo install!

Quote:
Quote:

My build thread;
Old 03-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #44
livejordan
SLO2ZZ

Quote:
I am talking to a guy who has a beatrush underpan and is giving me a wicked deal on it and I should be ordering my coilovers next week!
I have also been shopping for parts for my turbo install!
This is what i came to hear!

v v t L - i

Last edited by livejordan; 03-10-2013 at 03:29 PM..
Old 03-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #45
maveric22
GTS Turbo

Update;
My fuel door latch is working great now. It feels solid and is holding up to the stress.

I have been working some more on my wire tuck. The first thing I want to move is my ECU so that I can get all the piping for my turbo install ran on the drivers side.
I was able to remove these vacume lines by capping off their sources. ( I should have done this a while ago. Car runs fine without any CEL.

I also decided to tackle the oil catch can issue I was having. So I hooked it up to a compressor and found out there was a pressure leak from the clear tube on the side that allows you to check the oil level.
So I removed it and the fittings and replaced it with brass threaded plugs. I also made a custom bracket so that it could mount off the side of my head.
I stripped all of the black paint off of it and polished it up. I also grabbed some braided lines and heat wrap. No more leaks and the idle is normal this time. I also replaced the PCV valve while I was at it.

I also made an aluminum plate and riveted it on the underside of my hood for my hood prop. It's not perfect, but its assurance that the hood prop will not go through the carbon fiber.

Going to stay up tonight and work on extending more wires for my ECU.

Quote:
Quote:

My build thread;

Last edited by maveric22; 03-10-2013 at 03:45 PM..
Old 03-11-2013, 04:05 AM   #46
J0$3
Chilango

Send a message via ICQ to J0$3 Send a message via AIM to J0$3 Send a message via MSN to J0$3 Send a message via Yahoo to J0$3
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick22
make the exterior look like my previous red celica.
TRD > Previous kit

03' ZZT231 | Advan TCII | TRD | Tein | Sports M | Trial | Hotchkis | Beatrush | South Bend | PPE | Ect..
J0$3 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #47
maveric22
GTS Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0$3 View Post
TRD > Previous kit
^I must agree. I should probably update that as my tastes have changed over the last couple of months.

I have an update! I am almost finished with extending my ECU! I am on day 3!

I had to make the loom hole bigger in the fender well for all my wiring.

It looks messy, I know but I should finish tomorrow or the next day.

I also got My flywheel plate from Boosted.

Quote:
Quote:

My build thread;
Old 03-11-2013, 07:45 PM   #48
yzrider07
FU-Q

If you need the bolts for that flywheel cover i have a few spares i ordered from toyota

yzrider07 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #49
gjkissel2

Quote:
so many holes in your jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMiller View Post
I'm fucking cool. My e-cred just went up 7 pts.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:08 PM   #50
straight rippin
DA Captain

Nice man.