NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, my buddy just got a Malibu Max. he wants to know the 0-60 times and 1/4 times? is there a web page around that have a bunch of cars 0-60 times. i saw it on here a long time ago, can't seem to find it now. i tried searching.
Thanks!

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Sites are never accurate since they get their times from magazines. According to magazines, the GT-S 6 speed can do 0-60 in anywhere from 6.6-7.8 seconds, and the 1/4 from 15 to 15.7 seconds. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by JohnnyWash1
www.car-stats.com

Blue, those are accurate numbers. Every car is different, every climate is different, and all drivers are different. It should say, "[email protected] results may vary".

Jon
No. They are not accurate. a 15.4 is STILL no where near close.

Accurate = something resembling truth. IMO

Not trying to flame ya!:gap:
:thumbup:

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
Originally posted by Blue Bomber
Sites are never accurate since they get their times from magazines. According to magazines, the GT-S 6 speed can do 0-60 in anywhere from 6.6-7.8 seconds, and the 1/4 from 15 to 15.7 seconds. :rolleyes:

:werd:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
No. They are not accurate. a 15.4 is STILL no where near close.

Accurate = something resembling truth. IMO

Not trying to flame ya!:gap:
:thumbup:

They are accurate, but they are not precise. Know the difference. Also, those times do resemble the truth--the truth for what that driver managed in that car on that day. The situation is full of too many variables to fault the magazine or number as inaccurate.

Jon

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
They are accurate, but they are not precise. Know the difference. Also, those times do resemble the truth--the truth for what that driver managed in that car on that day. The situation is full of too many variables to fault the magazine or number as inaccurate.

Jon
But when you can only get a 15.6 in a car that is capable of atleast a 15.0. That is not an accurate test. Magazines give you general ideas. But they are not accurate.

Also, you said, "on that day". Thats the point. One test or even a weeks worth is not enough to determine a car's potential. I DO believe it is a good way to get a general idea but not an accurate method in the least.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
But when you can only get a 15.6 in a car that is capable of atleast a 15.0. That is not an accurate test. Magazines give you general ideas. But they are not accurate.

Also, you said, "on that day". Thats the point. One test or even a weeks worth is not enough to determine a car's potential. I DO believe it is a good way to get a general idea but not an accurate method in the least.
Yes, you are now agreeing with me. Besides, there is no way you can say that the car is capable of at least a 15.0. I'll say it again, results may vary.

Jon

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Yes, you are now agreeing with me. Besides, there is no way you can say that the car is capable of at least a 15.0. I'll say it again, results may vary.

Jon
Yes, in that sense yes. Technically you have no prior info that would suggest a car being capable of such time. So to the general public I guess it IS an "accurate" report.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts