NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I've seen other people do it and decided it looked good...so sorry for a repeat post but I think the black on black is sexy :hitit:

couple pics:

The paint (because someone ALWAYS asks):

The rest of the interior isn't done yet b/c autozone only had two cans of that paint. I painted the speedo surround silver to match my exterior, and am debating what else to do. The center radio and a/c surround piece i'm painting silver for sure...but I'm also thinking about painting the section of the door that flows down from the rear top of the door along the bottom where the door pocket is, to where the speaker grille is...to underneath the glovebox, and around the sides of the center console. If anyone can picture what the hell I just explained...I think Dan (hombredelassrtas) has his done blue, and sickcelica has his silver also. Anyone think that is a little too much? I wanted to break up the black a little bit if possible...but not sure if that would look good. Guess I could always put more black on top of it. Anyhow enjoy and any feedback or photoshops of that silver idea would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
585 Posts
I hve been wanting to do this for a while now...but i have one concern. Does it look fake like you did it yourself, or does the paint look professional.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the paint looks professional. I mean...I didn't even take extreme care to get the paint coats even...and it looks pretty damn good if I do say so myself. I just taped off my windshield etc. and sprayed the **** on best I could...and it covered very well. I'm pleasantly suprised.

·
Registered
62 Posts
WOW I will trade you interiors and give u some cash ill even see if i can convince my gf to... oh nvm ahHHHh i want a black interior really bad!!! i am not tallented enough to do it my self, ive never been artisticaly inclined lol

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Harout said:
looks awsome
what procedures did you take to paint the interior parts. a write up would be great.
1. wipe with clean, wet rag/towel to remove dirt and dust
2. tape off areas you do not wish to be painted
3. spray
4. wait 5 mins
5. spray again
6. remove tape if applicable
7. say "oooohhh" and repeat

ffire said:
WOW I will trade you interiors and give u some cash ill even see if i can convince my gf to... oh nvm ahHHHh i want a black interior really bad!!! i am not tallented enough to do it my self, ive never been artisticaly inclined lol
it would not even be close to being worth the shipping costs. Just man-up and do it. you really don't need talent for this.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Wow very nice. Do you think you could take a close up high resolution picture and post it up? I wanna see if the finish really does look nice. I was considering on putting an 03+ interior on my list of things to buy this summer but if I can spray paint this, hell thats what I'll do.

Nice alpine deck btw, thats what I use ;)

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
I'm converting from my 00' painted to a real 03' when i can.. I've repaired it too many times now. But it does look nice when its done.

-Tim i'm finding those pics now

·
Premium Member
18,039 Posts
I envy you Tim. Your process is much faster than mine. I took it all out and painted them with a paint gun and yet, I still haven't completed the trunk plastics. :faint:

I'll post some shots up.

EDIT: I had my bezel and center console painted blue a long time ago. I'll try to take some interior shots, I can't seem to find the ones I took. While I was at it, I sueded my headliner and painted the sun visors black, using the same paint you used to paint your plastics.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
does the paint peel off or distort due to extreme heat soak or high temperature from sunlight?

I really want to take my interiors out and paint them with vinyl spray but I just don't want to encounter problems with the paint later on.

·
Premium Member
18,039 Posts
pnoy said:
does the paint peel off or distort due to extreme heat soak or high temperature from sunlight?

I really want to take my interiors out and paint them with vinyl spray but I just don't want to encounter problems with the paint later on.
Not at all. So far the plastics has been under the sun since I reinstalled them and has not cracked due to being black and absorbing more heat/radiation. Now on another note, the oil/grease from your hands will become visible. You should clean it ASAP so that it won't become a permanent stain.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
in my experience doing these kind of jobs if your not really careful putting the interior back in....you will crack the paint right off of the panels. Leave them in if you can.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
vegeta4ss said:
in my experience doing these kind of jobs if your not really careful putting the interior back in....you will crack the paint right off of the panels. Leave them in if you can.
I think it's more like of how careful you are with them.

Zero said:
Not at all. So far the plastics has been under the sun since I reinstalled them and has not cracked due to being black and absorbing more heat/radiation. Now on another note, the oil/grease from your hands will become visible. You should clean it ASAP so that it won't become a permanent stain.
So I'm also guessing you only clean them with damped cloth?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
i was thinkin of doing red/black theme, like the dash board red, carpet red, doors red (leaving that middle peice black) etc etc, matchin that of a s2k style reversed

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
001s2000 said:
i was thinkin of doing red/black theme, like the dash board red, carpet red, doors red (leaving that middle peice black) etc etc, matchin that of a s2k style reversed
that would look crazy, post some pics if you get around to doing it.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
i love it but it's too glossy for my taste. i did the 03 swap, and it put a hole in my pocket. the only reason i didn't paint mine is because i was worried about scratches and armor all. i will however paint my airbag cover. w/ flat vinyl paint. great job.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Zero said:
EDIT: I had my bezel and center console painted blue a long time ago. I'll try to take some interior shots, I can't seem to find the ones I took. While I was at it, I sueded my headliner and painted the sun visors black, using the same paint you used to paint your plastics.

how much did it cost to suede the headliner? pics?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts