NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota lists the 00-02 GTS front caliper as a 47730-20610 and the 03-05 GTS front caliper as a 47730-20640, aftermarket suppliers also differentiate the 00-02 and 03-05 GTS front calipers with different part numbers. Pads and rotors are the same 00-05 for the GTS. What is the actual difference between the 00-02 and 03-05 GTS calipers, the 03-05 GTS calipers are SUBSTIALLY (50% less) expensive than the 00-02 GTS calipers. I thought it was just the early GT that had different front brakes and everything else used the same parts up front? Anyone know for sure that the 03-05 brackets and calipers from 03-05 work on a 00 GTS?

·
Registered
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Anyone have a clue?

I checked the steering knuckle part numbers too and they're different between and 00 and an 04 but when I search by part number it shows either knuckle number applies to all years...this is confusing.

I think I might just order the 03-05 and compare them side by side. I'll update when that happens but in the mean time if someone does know I'd love the help.

·
Registered
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did u check to see of they were just superceeded part numbers?

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
I looked on toyodiy, I'm not sure how to check superseded numbers there. That makes sense though, there's some other parts that I'm sure are the same between years that have different part numbers listed like the front LCA's. I can call a dealer tomorrow, would they be able to tell if that's all it is?

·
Registered
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah theyll beable to superceed it

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
Awesome, I'll check tomorrow with the local dealer about that.

·
Registered
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I actually opened my dang eyes and took a closer look, the 00-02 have a slightly different bracket than the 03-05 but functionally appear the same. Gonna roll some dice and hope I win.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts