NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if my car would win? I have a injen intake, DC sport headers, greddy Evo 2 exhaust, and a B&M SS?

Couple of my friends say that it should be no problem if you can drive...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
Ive beat stock Gti's before but once they get a chip just forget about it you will get walked.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,029 Posts
I had a very strong Jetta 1.8T.... all I can say is stay above 40.... they are nasty from 35-40 roll.... VERY strong mid-range with plenty of torque..... they really lose it up top.... so the higher you start the race the better you'll be....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
I walked a 1.8T when I had bogging issues with my CAI. Drop it at 4-6k and you'll walk them from the start, just do it at the track please
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,364 Posts
You can win. They can be sleepers though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,029 Posts
a properly driven chipped 1.8T will be tough for any celica GTS even with full bolt ons and PFC.... my 1.8T jetta was just about as quick as a stock/close to stock SRT4....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,364 Posts
silver21 said:
a properly driven chipped 1.8T will be tough for any celica GTS even with full bolt ons and PFC.... my 1.8T jetta was just about as quick as a stock/close to stock SRT4....
:laugh:

1.8T's stock are low 15's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,029 Posts
possible high 14s if you can drive but generally yes low 15s...also pending on year, cuz the 00-01 1.8Ts only had 150hp vs 02-up had 180..... chipped with bolt ons they pick up some great power.... like I said my 1.8T was side by side with SRT4s with good drivers.... I beat a few with novice drivers....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
928 Posts
another way of modding is to use a MBC and diode for about $5-$50...they can be as fast as most chips and faster than others w/ this mod...Neuspeed chip 14psi(lame), APR 16-21psi, GIAC ~21psi, upsolute, ~15psi, MBC/Diode 17psi...i built a MBC/ DIODE($7) setup for a freind girl for here compleatly stock 2000 1.8T GTI(stock 150hp)...she now puts about 2 cars on my friends 2000 GTS celica w/ injen(w/ bb mod), catback exhaust; from a 70mph roll on till ~120
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,732 Posts
silver21 said:
I had a very strong Jetta 1.8T.... all I can say is stay above 40.... they are nasty from 35-40 roll.... VERY strong mid-range with plenty of torque..... they really lose it up top.... so the higher you start the race the better you'll be....
:werd:

High speed is your friend. My sister has one and that thing always takes me off the line, but I always catch up to it and pass further down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
I have raced my friends and he only takes me by a 1 car - 1 1/2 cars. Actually this past w/e I had a run in with one in Tampa. He pulled up next to me and we both downshifted to 3rd at like 55-60 then hit it and I was bout 1/4 car ahead of him uintil I hit 4th when he caught up and gained on me. My friend in a stock type S took him when the guy beat me. A GTS with i/h/e is faster than a stock type s and the new GT-Is are faster than the old ones. So I would think you would win no prob. Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
ive raced a 20th aniversary gti, chipped hes fast but i still hang, he gets pissed all the time because he never takes my by more than 1/2 a car, but he cant drive either so i think that makes up for some
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,029 Posts
yea... driver is one of the best mods there are..... the NEW GTI 2.0T's are pretty darn quick stock.... I work at a VW dealership and they are pretty damn nice to say the least.... capable of mid 14s with the right driver.... I messed with a buddy in his revoed 1.8T and I was pullin him in the 2.0T!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
903 Posts
its hard to compare NA to turbo. the celi should take it if it was stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
928 Posts
silver21 said:
yea... driver is one of the best mods there are..... the NEW GTI 2.0T's are pretty darn quick stock.... I work at a VW dealership and they are pretty damn nice to say the least.... capable of mid 14s with the right driver.... I messed with a buddy in his revoed 1.8T and I was pullin him in the 2.0T!!!
well yeah the new 2.0T GTI's only wiegh about 200lbs more and are putting down ~200whp to the previous 1.8T GTI's 160whp(180hp version), its become pretty common to see dozens of time slips on the vortex of compleatly stock w/ full interior 6spd's running 14.5-14.7 1/4's...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,029 Posts
yea I haven't been on the tex for awhile and damn the time I said was a complete guess.... I have a good butt dyno lol....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,364 Posts
silver21 said:
possible high 14s if you can drive but generally yes low 15s...also pending on year, cuz the 00-01 1.8Ts only had 150hp vs 02-up had 180..... chipped with bolt ons they pick up some great power.... like I said my 1.8T was side by side with SRT4s with good drivers.... I beat a few with novice drivers....

That is for sure. They are as moddable as DSM's and SRT's.
 
1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Top