NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering who you guys think will win this race. i am bone stock (00 GTS) and my buddy has a 99 si with i/h/e and his car is chipped, we are both decent drivers. just wondering what to expect going into the race.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Chips do little if anything to a SI with bolt-ons. He probably got it off eBay.

If you're 6spd, I don't see why you can't take him.

·
Registered
312 Posts
u should be able to take it. Si's are slow. They're only fast is SC or Turbo'd. This one guy's 99 SI had i/h/e, short shifter, VTEC controller, Fuel pressure reg. and still lost to a 95 GSR with i/e

dunn what happened there..but the GSR's 3rd just pulled the SI slowly..

·
Registered
151 Posts
civic = economy car SI = Slow imports! J/k i have seen them run 15.7 stock and one wit basic bolt-ons run a 15.3! It also depends on wat kind of tires u guys are running! If he has some drag radials you might be in trouble or vice versa! This should be a good run! BTW keep it safe and take this to the track! We dont need no more street races its just simply not worth it!

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
si's ARE slow....most stock rated 1/4 miles times are in the low low 16's...ridiculous..BUT..they have a hugggeeee aftermarket.(as opposed to us) i think u ll take him.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I went up against a 99-00 si with intake, cams, headers and i was bone stock and still pulled on him hard in 3rd and 4th. I actually got a better run outta brand new si with i/e this past weekend. Still no match for the GTS tho.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Nice to see that at least someone sort of remembered me. LOL

But FYI, I ran 14.67 #93.7mph, not just 14.9. And yeah I only had boltons.

Remember that not all Sis are slow.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
dang so w/ i/h/e u ran [email protected]? thats awesome man, it truly is.. some people w/ GTS and i/h/e are still in the 15's :) then considering the GTS has about 20 more hp than the SI (and they weigh about the same???) then you are an awesome driver

·
Registered
120 Posts
KleeftonSi said:
Nice to see that at least someone sort of remembered me. LOL

But FYI, I ran 14.67 #93.7mph, not just 14.9. And yeah I only had boltons.

Remember that not all Sis are slow.
Damn, how many stickers you got? :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah...I noticed all Hondas are virtually impossible to pull on when they have enough stickers. For some reason Honda owners are the only ones that have realized how to unlock all the hidden power. Maybe I should go get some stickers for my Celi...and maybe get "Celica" printed in that "old tyme" font on my back window. Couple that with the tackiest fin I can find...and I'll bet I'd rip the track up HARD. Keep up the good work Honda owners...because you're making me look extra good.

·
Registered
139 Posts
why is it that if someone mentions a honda someone has to come with this **** tossing attitude!!!
the celi will probably beat the si!!! but the si will probably give it a good run for it

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
Go look around this Site............You will find that more then half of the Celicas here are Sticker Monsters..............Back off the Hondas..............Laugh at people not cars.

Slava

·
Registered
8 Posts
A GT-S would hand a SI its ass if they were both stock. Do you know how to read?? Read what the guy posted. I think it will be drivers race. BTW Mica your car looks sick

1 - 20 of 47 Posts