NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remembered the huge thread along time ago about all the mustangs and who would win so i just wanted to share my story from last night.

Last night comming home at around 1am a 86 Mustang GT with exhaust drives up next to me. We're doing the side by side thing untill its clear. I push in the clutch and rev at him then he foors it. I wasnt expecting this so soon so i had to downshift into 3rd. He had a little jump on me but i was holding strong and kinda crawled up on him for a little part of my power band, then the road turned slightly uphill and his torque let him stay in front of me. We did this about 3 times. I have Intake, Exhaust, and a ported header (but plenty of audio **** weighting me down in the trunk)

On flat roads our cars are pretty much dead even. But that slight uphill gave him an advatage on one of the runs. The guy ended up being my neighbor lol so we talked for a while, he complimented on my little 1.8 liter hanging with his 5 liter, then said our good byes.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah i talked to him. His engine is still a stock 302, i have the same engine in my 69 Mach 1. I was surprised because his was damn fast. He may have intake and headers and stuff but the engine is stock.

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
WAR_GTI said:
he must of had more than just exhaust to hang w/ you
A stock 5.0 only needs an exhaust to be dead even or faster with a GTS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts