NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was on the highway when I noticed my cel was flashing then shut off the. A few mins later same thing then my car started to pretty muxh die on me so i parked it and started it up amd it was spurting real bad n it didn't really want to move so now the car is driveable but it spurters specialy when i take a turn...cel code says cyl misfire I think on 1 I changed spark plugs still same thing and I really don't want to bring it in to a Toyota dealer any idea what else I can try?

·
Registered
340 Posts
So I was on the highway when I noticed my cel was flashing then shut off the. A few mins later same thing then my car started to pretty muxh die on me so i parked it and started it up amd it was spurting real bad n it didn't really want to move so now the car is driveable but it spurters specialy when i take a turn...cel code says cyl misfire I think on 1 I changed spark plugs still same thing and I really don't want to bring it in to a Toyota dealer any idea what else I can try?
take the coil pack from #1 and swap it with another cylinder. Erase the code...if you get another code that follows the coil pack, then it's the coil pack that's bad

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Like above said switch coil packs from cylinder 1 and another cylinder and also switch the injectors. If the code changes to the new cylinder you have it narrowed down to injector or coil pack. If it stays at cylinder 1 you have an issue inside the engine, maybe bent valve. But get this done quick it can cause damage if not taken care of.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
do the same thing with an injector. also check the connection on the injector and coil. once the plug came off the injector and it did the same thing

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,664 Posts
What part of MA?

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,664 Posts
I am not that far away. Although, I'm spending more time further up the So. Shore than before. If I can be of any help, let me know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts