NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay mitsu97eclipse just got a 03 GTS 6spd and i own a 00 GTS 6sp. But everytime we race from like a second gear roll we are pretty much even until i hit 3rd then i just pull hard. I mean like 1 1/2.. But once i hit 4th he pulls back.. then when i hit 5th i start to pull.. Now we only made it to 5th once and thats what happened. But everytime we go from a roll as soon as i hit 3rd i pull hard. My car only has the toqure brace and the rest is stock. His car is all stock. Just wanted to know if there is a difference in gearing? Even if we go from a dead stop i hit 3rd i stat pulling. Any ideas anyone? His car has about 300miles on it my has about 12,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
If you are pullin ANYTHING in 5th gear...then you are just goin tooo damn fast!
slow down! :D
Sorry, but i don't konw jack about the difference in gear ratio for the 2zz...best bet is to go to the toyota website and check out the 03's ratio's....
Either that, or go to celica.net and look under engine information and just get the info from there.

Damn...i'm getting old...starting to bitch at people for goin too fast...and i'm only 20 :(
lol
I need to go back to being a Toys R-Us Kid

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
gearing is the the same no changes. the only changes are the drive by wire and what seems to be a smoother shifter. also, it could be the fact he's got 300miles. wait until its somewhat broken in cause 300 miles is still brand new. run him again when he's got 3 to 5000 miles on his car.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Yeah let him break in his engine before you guys do it.

I remember when I first floored my GTS at around 700 miles it felt quick. After about 3000 miles it was like whoa baby!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts