NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tonight i had my very first race. i was on 101 south driving home from work and i was rolling along around 70mph in the fast lane when a black car with blue headlights zoomed up right behind me then changed into the right lane and slowed down right next to me. he did a couple revse, obviously i knew that he wanted to race. He had i believe a 08 Si, lowered, and 8000K HID's from what i could see. we slowed down to about 60mph when he just punched it, so i did too. he ended up beating me by about a car and half. so again he slowed down and we did it again at 60mph. but this time a car changed into his lane so we had to slow down. The 3rd time we slowed down to 45 mph. I honked 3 times and i quickly got about 1/2 a car on him and it pretty much stayed like that till about 100mph when we shut down. Then we had time for one more race. so we slowed down to 35mph and he honked 3 times. Again i got ahead of him but by almost a full car length. he caught up to about 1/2 a car then we stayed like that till about 110mph and then he blew past me :confused: i thought that was wierd. he blew past me only after we hit about 110mph. anyways, we had to exit on capitol. he was going south and i was going north. we gave each other a quick wave that was my story :)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Down low your reduced weight is more of a factor .. up top is all about torque versus wind resistance ... makes sense.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Little OT but, it seems like every Civic I see that has at least fart can on it fast or slow, the driver is an A**HOLE. I find that very wierd. Then you will see a car that is truly fast like a Z06, M3, LS1 TA etc... and those drivers are just relaxed calm curtious to cars around them and don't act like Jerkoffs. Do you guys ever feel that way?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
its the opposte in houston, ur not cool enough to even look at unless ur pushing 600whp. ):

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
yea its both ways here. young guns with civics think there king turd even if there rolling with the one cam. hell just the other day went on a local cruise and headed back home on the interstate this dweeb who had to be way above 40 years maybe pushing 50 was rocking his vette. pulled up next to me doing the go fast slow down. push it let off. i just kept her steady and finally he just tailed in behind me after finding out i didn't want anything to do with him. i mean i rock a GT i drive that thing like its the only car i have. so i don't do a whole lot of messing around. times like that make me wish i didn't have my trd kit and was sporting a stock celica.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
yea its both ways here. young guns with civics think there king turd even if there rolling with the one cam. hell just the other day went on a local cruise and headed back home on the interstate this dweeb who had to be way above 40 years maybe pushing 50 was rocking his vette. pulled up next to me doing the go fast slow down. push it let off. i just kept her steady and finally he just tailed in behind me after finding out i didn't want anything to do with him. i mean i rock a GT i drive that thing like its the only car i have. so i don't do a whole lot of messing around. times like that make me wish i didn't have my trd kit and was sporting a stock celica.

That last part I agree with a lot! This JO was on my ass in a newer GTO I move over and he wanted to play, I knew I was gonna get destroyed but brought it up to about 130 with him right next to me, then he just took off as if I was stopped.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
^ screw appearances. my first, FIRST race with the car completely stock was against a 98 civic with a 1.6. had a body kit, 18 inch rims, huge spoiler, loud ass exhaust, ricer heads and tails, the works. everyone was shocked that this tiny stock 2 door beat him. :)

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
:confused: i thought that was wierd. he blew past me only after we hit about 110mph.
Was that in 5th? If it was then it's about right, he has the better gearing for 5th around that speed.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We just took over this person's thread......I will like a Civic owner now :chuckles:
haha yea i noticed, oh well :)

Was that in 5th? If it was then it's about right, he has the better gearing for 5th around that speed.
yea it was in 5th, i dont think i ever shifted to 6th.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
I don't think you did either, it would have been a worse wooping. Both the Civic and the RSX have much better gearing for 5th that makes good use of the K20 powerband.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
^ screw appearances. my first, FIRST race with the car completely stock
right but im pretty sure that i and whiteknight meant beings we have kits that just eggs other people to taunt and wanting to race ALL the time. cant even go to the store with out getting rev'ed at by some rice boy.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
right but im pretty sure that i and whiteknight meant beings we have kits that just eggs other people to taunt and wanting to race ALL the time. cant even go to the store with out getting rev'ed at by some rice boy.
Exactly what we meant! I drive by someone minding my own business under speed limit talking on the phone not even aware of the their existance and they rev up or that sort of bs as if I want to race just cause of the way my car looks.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
It's all good, I was merely addressing the OP's confusion as to why the Civic would pull away at that higher speed and not before that. Most people who have raced RSX-S beyond 4th gear have reported that the RSX either pulls back lost ground in 5th gear if it was behind or walk away if they were even. Most of the vids available confirm that too.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
It's all good, I was merely addressing the OP's confusion as to why the Civic would pull away at that higher speed and not before that. Most people who have raced RSX-S beyond 4th gear have reported that the RSX either pulls back lost ground in 5th gear if it was behind or walk away if they were even. Most of the vids available confirm that too.
Very true. Does the c-one gear set make that in our favor at all?

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
I'm not sure, in the back of my mind I have this thought that the C-One gearset doesn't address this, but don't quote me on that.

edit: went and searched for the thread, you can quote me now: the C-One gearset won't help, it's designed to benefit autoX and circuit racing, not benefitial for drag/acceleration only races.

·
Registered
842 Posts
i 100% feel the same way as you... but i think tha it also has to do with the fact that they dont want to waste their time or GAS on these MICKY MOUSE cars..

1 - 20 of 36 Posts