NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just driving down the freeway and this mustang (looked stock) wanted a go. im not into racing much but decided to go. He was fast but i kept up for a bit. i guess i wasn't really a good driver. anyways how are mustangs compared to celicas?

·
Registered
506 Posts
lacking a ton of info...

what year/body style? motor/tranni? there's soo much stuff missing to know about that car.

·
Registered
722 Posts
The standard v6 mustangs in general arent fast at all. Its got more power than the celica but its got alot more weight to carry. Its still faster than a stock gt celica though. The Mustang GTs are a different story. Dont even try. Either way, everything im posting is probably pointless, considering we dont know even know what type of mustang you saw...

·
Lurking06 Celica07 Join08
5,328 Posts
70s mustang... 09?... thats like a really big year gap lol. let alone the trims they come in.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
so then in the cases of
celi GT AT 00-02 vs mustang V6 AT 96-03
celi GT AT 00-02 vs mustang V6 MT 96-03
how would the outcome will be if both cars are stock? Considering both driver are = in driving skill

I just looked up the HP for the mustang V6 in the 7th and 8th Generation, the 7th Generation got 150HP while the 8th Generation got 190HP.
So it seems like my GT AT can have a chance against the 7th Gen V6 Mustang and no chance against the 8th Gen V6 Mustang?!?

Just curious =)
and cuz one black Mustang chased me down for a race back then but I was hauling like another 250 of stuffs in the back and it was a must for me to drive softly or I'll be paying for the damages of those stuffs.

·
Registered
928 Posts
so then in the cases of
celi GT AT 00-02 vs mustang V6 AT 96-03
celi GT AT 00-02 vs mustang V6 MT 96-03
how would the outcome will be if both cars are stock? Considering both driver are = in driving skill

I just looked up the HP for the mustang V6 in the 7th and 8th Generation, the 7th Generation got 150HP while the 8th Generation got 190HP.
So it seems like my GT AT can have a chance against the 7th Gen V6 Mustang and no chance against the 8th Gen V6 Mustang?!?

Just curious =)
and cuz one black Mustang chased me down for a race back then but I was hauling like another 250 of stuffs in the back and it was a must for me to drive softly or I'll be paying for the damages of those stuffs.
whaaaa????????????????

btw...your auto celica GT will lose every race before you even start...so dont race a celica GT auto...

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
^ I'm not saying my car is faster than most car, just that some guy posted up about how he beat a V6 mustang 98 both AT and stock.

Thought the V6 mustang would be much stronger until I see it only got 150 HP which is only 10hp higher than 00-02 celi GT AT. But it weight another 800 lbs more or so.
So I thought it would be reasonable that my stock GT would gain on the V6 mustang 7th Gen =)

I'm not a racer, just an enthusiastic driver occasionally. I just hate to see other car provoke me. =/

btw, "your auto celica GT will lose every race before you even start...so dont race a celica GT auto..." doesn't make sense and isn't correct with the word EVERY... =p

·
Registered
928 Posts
wow...im not even going to try and decipher what you just said...I take it your a foreigner...

anywho...what I meant by:

"your auto celica GT will lose every race before you even start...so dont race a celica GT auto..."

is there isnt a car out there that a auto GT can beat, that is worth talking about...I mean you'll get smashed on by minivans...

·
It is known.
8,240 Posts
Did anyone else notice the GTS badge on the back of the 02 GT from the OP?

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
It is known.
8,240 Posts
yes its a gt-s emblem,,,

its at least an 00 mustang, v6
You're worse than the idiots who debadge their GTs and put GTS wheels on, or is that next? I woudn't race often knowing I could never live up to being as quick as the emblem that is on my car. The mustang won as it should have.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Did anyone else notice the GTS badge on the back of the 02 GT from the OP?
yes its a gt-s emblem,,,

its at least an 00 mustang, v6
lol...fail...why dont you just skip the GT-S badge and jump to a GT-R badge...:gay:

now i like the idea of a GT badge on a GT-S, or like on my GTI 1.8T that ran 12's has a TDI badge...

·
Ol' Slappy
932 Posts
hahaha that's great you're making GTS's look bad. Reminds me of the mazda 626 with the celica's TRD wing on it with the celica's GT badge also.
Oh and the chevy s-10 i saw with a dodge license plate and GTR badges.

Seriously what are people thinking?

and before ^^ vtjkychan was only asking a question, you don't have to be a dick about it

·
DOИ'T bE BEETCH!
3,251 Posts
Mine is de-badged and its GT, i just like the clean look on the hatch, no chrome, I'd never put a GT-S badge if I didn't do the engine, trans, and rear brake swap

·
Registered
328 Posts
You're worse than the idiots who debadge their GTs and put GTS wheels on, or is that next? I woudn't race often knowing I could never live up to being as quick as the emblem that is on my car. The mustang won as it should have.
the GT-S wheels look 1000x better than the GT wheels, i want to switch mine. but i understand the de-badging scenario

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.