NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can these be 'cleaned' to improve their efficiency, like a maf? Probably not I'd have thought because they get all carbonned over anyway, but thought I'd ask...

Also, I have a spare sensor and the part number is 89465-20670. Does this go before the cat, or after the cat?

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,636 Posts
Nope. From what I understand, attempting to clean can actually cause more harm than good. The P/N you have is for a ZZT230 pre-cat sensor. I imagine you would want the Euro ZZT231 version - 89465-20690.

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahhh...maaaaan...it wont work on my car then?! :bang:

Time to sell it on then, ahem...

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
Nope. From what I understand, attempting to clean can actually cause more harm than good. The P/N you have is for a ZZT230 pre-cat sensor. I imagine you would want the Euro ZZT231 version - 89465-20690.
This.

Yep, just buy a new one. Good to change these out probably every 60K or so anyway.

There's a difference betwen the US and Euro O2's? :confused:

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I guess so...mieh, i'll just look at it as another mod that will help increase efficiency == power on my motor before doing a baseline pull.

I'll make a for sale thread and see if any of the gt guys want this sensor off me.

·
15,636 Posts
Yep. It would also be valid for a USDM GT.

There's a difference betwen the US and Euro O2's?
? @ least different P/N's. The front USDM ones for a ZZT231 are: 89465-20700 for '00-'03, 04+ = 89465-20830. The Euro versions are: -20690 unless it is a NATO version... which uses the same as a USDM.

So, I would suspect Celicasaur's might be NATO. Maybe he can PM me a VIN to check. In either event, the sensor he has isn't correct for a ZZT231;)

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NATO?

What kind of vin would you like? One from a 230 or a 231?

·
15,636 Posts
Yep, NATO, North American Treaty Organization country....

PM me your ZZT231 VIN

·
15,636 Posts
I'm not used to seeing a RHD result... lol. You have the Euro version. You want the 89465-20690.

Comes back to a ZZT231R-BLFVFW, made 1/2001, Color code 210, Trim Code LB23.

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Euro? I thought mine was uk...but then they could just be the same thing in the grand scheme of things. Right, clearly I have the wrong 'spare' 02 sensor then and I need to make a for sale thread now :0:

Anything particularly interesting come up in the vin check? I've had it for over 4 years now, but whenever I look inside the rear hatch under the plastics I see a greeny colour...which is not colour code 210 as on the outside. Actually, no ignore me. It'll just take the thread O/T

Thanks for your help guys :)

·
15,636 Posts
Wasn't really a VIN check, per se. 210 is the original paint code. I'm not sure what the differences are between the Euro & the NATO versions. NATO versions may be what US soldiers can buy overseas and import w/o trouble? I don't know... all I know is that there are European versions and NATO versions. You have the European.

Yep, wrong spare sensor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts