NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i replace my 2000 2zz with and 03 will i have to get a 03 ECU because of the lift and redline differences and knock sensor differences? Or can i just use the ECU and knock sensor off the 2000 motor?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,265 Posts
Jackman00GTS said:
If i replace my 2000 2zz with and 03 will i have to get a 03 ECU because of the lift and redline differences and knock sensor differences? Or can i just use the ECU and knock sensor off the 2000 motor?
Yes you can.
 

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
Joined
·
28,865 Posts
Depending on the engine, some 03s came with EGR, so you'll need a stock header with blockoff plates built into it for the car to run properly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blue Bomber said:
Depending on the engine, some 03s came with EGR, so you'll need a stock header with blockoff plates built into it for the car to run properly.
Will the stock manifold off my 00 motor work?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,227 Posts
how are you sure the rods are bent? 2ZZ rods are beefy as hell, i doubt you bent them without doing more damage.

if you are getting an 03 motor us all your 00 stuff on it, like the knock sensor, wiring harness, manifolds etc. just make sure you dont get the EGR like mentioned above. the motors are the same
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^I took it to toyota and thats what they told me. i would have to tear it down to make sure right?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,227 Posts
Jackman00GTS said:
^^I took it to toyota and thats what they told me. i would have to tear it down to make sure right?

just look at the back of the motor, if you have pics of them post em. the EGR is a port that runs around the motor to the exhaust manifold. you cant miss it if its there.
 

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
Joined
·
28,865 Posts
Jackman00GTS said:
Blue Bomber said:
Depending on the engine, some 03s came with EGR, so you'll need a stock header with blockoff plates built into it for the car to run properly.
Will the stock manifold off my 00 motor work?
Nope, they made a special manifold for 03s with the blockoffs.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,227 Posts
no thats a water line for the heater..take a pic of the back of the motor, look at the exhaust ports
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[IMG}http://pic18.picturetrail.com/VOL881/3718787/9099966/126397278.jpg[/IMG]

Thats as close to the back as i cant get right now. I didnt take them i just hot linked them from the "for sale" thread. Ill ask him to take a pic of the back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,350 Posts
yea i did exact same thing your trying to do except i got the motor from an 03 matrix xrs.. and yea just swap knock sensor and you might have to swap few more little things unless that was only because it was from a matrix.
 

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
Joined
·
28,865 Posts
Definitely no EGR in the pic above. You might also need to slightly modify the intake manifold to fit, since I believe one or two stud positions are a bit off in 02+ engines, and you might need a longer or shorter stud on one side as well.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top