NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys! My mom brought home an issue of Motor Trend and I believe its the 50th anniversary of the corvette issue.Well anyways i was reading an article and I stumbled across the new Honda Civic Type-R Hatchback. Its gonna have 197hp 2.0 i-vtec with 145ft.lbs of torque! I thought the type-r version looked pretty mean looking, it came with 17inch wheels and a raelly mild looking bodykit that fit just perfectly!! Motor trend says to expect it in Fall 2003. I was kinda excited, so i showed a picture of it to my dad and he asked me if it was the new Odyssey van :(,hahahhaa

ill try and find some pics!

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Yes i did read that BUT i though it still wasnt available for us ... i thought the release was for overseas. The civic (in black) did look really nice, and although other collors in my opinion would still look good ... black looks incredible. If its comming here ... this would very good for the import scene again, as for pumping up the competition, but wouldnt it be faster than the RSX type S now ... or just about even? I heard thet they didnt want to realease the TYPE R because it might take sales away from the Type S. Anyway this would be a great car for modification.

P.S. Is that engine the same as the Type S ... im pretty shure, but not denfinate.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
OH dont get me wrong .. the celica is stayin:D
Love every inch of my car, the civic though looks decent with the body kit. This might provoke other companys to release other race spec cars, like a TypeM for celica ... although we have like 1 year left with this generation celica .. the new toyota experiments , and mazda experiments look promising.
Look at our lineup now ------
Celica GTS
Mr2
SER
350 Z
G35
RSX type s
TSX (comming soon)
Civic type R
EVOLUTION
WRX
WRX STI
RX-8
Mazda speed turbo protege 5
Miata

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
There better be a whistle tip in that bag of rice :chuckles:
Don't flame! It's just a joke!

Ahhh, what to do in my Sport Compact Mini-Mini-Van Crossover Hatch Wagon Coupe.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
i like the look of the civic type r. vroom vroom is right with the oem body kit and the 17" wheels it doesn't look as bad as our U.S. civic SI.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Keep in mind, if this Type R is up to Honda's standards set by their previous Type R's, this ugly little car will smoke the Celi on a road course and it'll be a driver's race in a straightline.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Keyshawn said:
Keep in mind, if this Type R is up to Honda's standards set by their previous Type R's, this ugly little car will smoke the Celi on a road course and it'll be a driver's race in a straightline.
Well Keyshawn the unfortunate thing for me is that I care too much about looks to even think about buying that thing. Maybe, just maybe Toyota could pull their head outta their ass and release a Sports M version of the Celica here in the states as a last ditch effort with the 7th gen... buahahahhaaha :rofl: did I actually say that? Toyota care about performance :rofl:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts