NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to the turbos, I have a few question. I have a 2003 celica gt-s all stock just intake. I was thinking of adding a turbo for more hp. How much power can I expect to add to my celica? I've seen turbokits and c2power, but the max they give is 260 or 280. My goal is 400+. Is there a kit that can produce that much power? Another thing would it be better to buy the kit at ones or would it be cheaper to buy peace by peace? Is there some one that can make me a list of parts that I'll be needing.

Any advice will help thanks in advance

·
Lurking06 Celica07 Join08
5,328 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
if your new to the turbo scene, then u dont realize what its going to cost to get your 400 @ the wheels... sure, just about any turbo kit can grab u 400 hp, but that 260-280 crap is based on your gain assuming your boosting with factory internals(for example, your peak hp is 260-280 @ 7-8psi, w/ an exceptional tune) start wrenching in all the low compression and forged goodies=20-25psi =)........... hope u have some loot saved up.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
for that much power it will probably be more than 10K to run safely.

I think you have a lot of reading to do before contacting some about buying a kit. There is a lot of information on this site to get you there and the people that can help you.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
You need to keep reading, bro.
Why do people want to start their projects at the top of the food chain?
Go for a goal that you can achieve easier, and go from there.
No hating intended, just advice.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
just because you make 400 doesnt mean you have to run it all the time. tuen the boost down for fun street driving, then back up for power driving

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the advice it really help. Well I decided to go with turbokits kit thats going on now on special. It says it would do 240-260whp, what would I need to do 275whp. Also what parts will I need to get 275whp.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts