NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I'm new here. I want to know from a professional person who has done this before. So I have a 2000 Toyota Celica with a blown engine and I want to put a 2003 Pontiac Vibe engine into it. So like I said before I need a Professional output on this on someone who has done this before and knows from step to step what needs to be done or someone who has done this hundreds of thousands of times. What needs to be fabricated and replaced on the vibe engine for it to work inside the Celica and it to run like Gold. Also I'm not looking to do 2zz swaps anytime soon so I'm sticking with the same engine that's in the Celica, Vibe, Matrix, Corolla,MR2 and Elise which is the 1.8L. I need a professional who has done this so I can get this done and drive my baby again. If you have any answers can you please get back to me so I can have this done. Also it's stick and can the old engine be taken up from the top instead from the bottom? Need answers ASAP please, thank you. And please no guesses I'm serious about this type of stuff thank you.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I haven't done it hundreds of thousands of times. But I did have 2000 celica with a blown motor. Went to the junkyard and picked up an engine from a 06 Corolla. The ONLY thing I had to do was drill 3 holes in the back of the block for the carrier mount for the passenger side axle. Everything dropped right in since they are essentially the same 1zz. Car drove like it was brand new. right now? not so much since it needs a new clutch.

according to Smaay: yes you can swap in a 1ZZ from a carolla however you have to drill and tap the 3 holes for the axle bearing carrier. Its not a difficult job and be sure to do it before you install the engine. and you have to take out the newer style knock sensor stud and then install your knock sensor, thats it.

if you google "newcelica 1zzfe swap" a lot of searches will come up. that's what i did when I had to do this swap

1 - 3 of 3 Posts