NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty much to make a long story short after leaving Chilis resteraunt Saturday night and heading home with a 4 people in my car I line up beside a Celica GTS and the car has only the driver in it, my friends start begging me to instigate a race with him and seeing as how i had me and 3 other people in my car I figured I would get taken out by the Celica guy. I start edgeing foward at the light and he takes notice so we both kinda build our revs up a little and as soon as the light turns green we both launch nicely, well here is where its quit funny, I jump out ahead by a carlengh right off the bat and continue to pull on up to where we both backed of at around 90 mph, he never once pulled back but instead was slowley losing ground to me. We went at it once more from a 20mph roll and the same results again with me pulling on him all the way to 90mph. I could only imagine how bad his ass would have gotten beat if I didnt have 3 other people in the car with me.

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
I wish you had lined up against me instead......too bad :(

·
Registered
772 Posts
Originally posted by 03SilverGTS
Pretty much to make a long story short after leaving Chilis resteraunt Saturday night and heading home with a 4 people in my car I line up beside a Celica GTS and the car has only the driver in it, my friends start begging me to instigate a race with him and seeing as how i had me and 3 other people in my car I figured I would get taken out by the Celica guy. I start edgeing foward at the light and he takes notice so we both kinda build our revs up a little and as soon as the light turns green we both launch nicely, well here is where its quit funny, I jump out ahead by a carlengh right off the bat and continue to pull on up to where we both backed of at around 90 mph, he never once pulled back but instead was slowley losing ground to me. We went at it once more from a 20mph roll and the same results again with me pulling on him all the way to 90mph. I could only imagine how bad his ass would have gotten beat if I didnt have 3 other people in the car with me.
will you please stop picking on auto gt-s's.... only the mt's are 6 speeds.

besides I heard there's a celica gt on this board that is beating the gt-s's now... he'll have you for lunch...
http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=147060

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Liqquid said:
will you please stop picking on auto gt-s's.... only the mt's are 6 speeds.

besides I heard there's a celica gt on this board that is beating the gt-s's now... he'll have you for lunch...
http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=147060

Last time I checked auto GT-S's will not make the tires bark when shifting into 2nd gear and then a light chirp into 3rd.:rolleyes:

As for the celica GT thats beating Celica GT's..... so what??? there are also plenty of Rs and Gs eclipses over on the Eclipse forum that can put a beating on a Eclipse GTS or Celica GTS.
Its called modding.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I looked up the GTS model for the eclipse.... when I was test driving cars they didn't have that model out, they started using a variable length intake runner like the probe gt's klo3 engine...

pretty cool stuff, nice car lots of torque....
what all have you got done to it?

anyone you know put a turbo or a supercharger on one of those 3.0's? man that would be one hell of a ride.

edit: by the way don't get so defensive, I was just messin with ya... I only hate on pontiac guys lol...wait for a couple of these other guys on here though, I'm sure someone will be all bent out of shape over this. :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Liqquid said:
I looked up the GTS model for the eclipse.... when I was test driving cars they didn't have that model out, they started using a variable length intake runner like the probe gt's klo3 engine...

pretty cool stuff, nice car lots of torque....
what all have you got done to it?

anyone you know put a turbo or a supercharger on one of those 3.0's? man that would be one hell of a ride.
Im completely stock for now. There are a few guys over on neweclipse.org that has theirs turboed.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Liqquid said:

edit: by the way don't get so defensive, I was just messin with ya... I only hate on pontiac guys lol...wait for a couple of these other guys on here though, I'm sure someone will be all bent out of shape over this. :D
Your right man. Sorry.

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
Yeah me to....too bad.
You know what, I think I've kind of been being an a-hole to you from reading the other thread over again. We should start over. Sorry, so.................................................nice run :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Littleguy said:
You know what, I think I've kind of been being an a-hole to you from reading the other thread over again. We should start over. Sorry, so.................................................nice run :)
Hey cool man, thanks. I defenitley have to say that im sure the driver in the Celica GTS was not the best driver but he sure did slam it into 2nd and 3rd pretty hard.

·
It is known.
8,235 Posts
Hey cool man, thanks. I defenitley have to say that im sure the driver in the Celica GTS was not the best driver but he sure did slam it into 2nd and 3rd pretty hard.
you probably raced an 02........they are the slowest of all the 7th gen GTSs

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Possibly, it does make since because I know they lowerd the rev limiter that year.
Your GTS with 4 people in it probably can run a 15.6-7. So an 02 with a less than AVG driver can lose like that. But with the torque of the 3.0, the GTS would lose from the bat if he cant launch.

also...
Originally posted by Littleguy
Id aplogize too. But in our particular case it was you who were offensive towards me. But whatever. Its the internet :gap:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
man i wish an Eclipse GTS line up to me like that...i will eat it up like its breakfast, lunch and dinner....but other that nice kill.....some celica drivers doesnt really know how to drive there car.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by ItLooksFast
man i wish an Eclipse GTS line up to me like that...i will eat it up like its breakfast, lunch and dinner....but other that nice kill.....some celica drivers doesnt really know how to drive there car.

how so? an ECLIPSE GTS is a low 15 hgh 14 second car. same as celica. Unless you have serious mods, your gonna "stay hungry".

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.