NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2004 Solara will be available in the SLE, SE and SE Sport grades, each with its own interior surface treatments. The SLE model will receive a rich wood-grain trim, while a brushed aluminum and silver finish trim will be applied to the SE grade. SE models equipped with an all-new Sports Package will feature a unique interior complete with black graphite-accented trim. Solara will be equipped with either a V6 or four-cylinder engine. The Solara's all-new 3.3-liter V6 will generate 225 horsepower at 5,600 RPM, an increase of 27 horsepower, and 240 lb.-ft. of torque at 3,600 RPM, 28 more lb.-ft. of torque than the current model. With both engines, Solara will be EPA-certified as an Ultra Low Emission Vehicle (ULEV). Solaras equipped with the V6 will be mated to an all-new five-speed automatic sequential transmission.
Full Story

·
It is known.
8,239 Posts
RATIFIED said:
that front grille has to go!!!
:werd: what were they thinking.......i think i'll look for something else

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I like it! A SC or Turbo under there would be key.
I likey:headbang:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
They actually manage to keep the lines of the orig. Solara pretty much intact...
Looking at the C-pillar, the waistline, the taillights, it's easy to see the resemblance.

However, I still wish it was more mechanical-looking, edgier etc.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Toy Yoda said:
They actually manage to keep the lines of the orig. Solara pretty much intact...
Looking at the C-pillar, the waistline, the taillights, it's easy to see the resemblance.
I noticed that too. The original had a very clean, almost aggressive design, that was kinda messed up with the revision a year or two ago (new grill, headlights, tail lights). Now because of all the curviness, it looks seriously bloated.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
i think with anything new we have to see it person to see what it really looks like. i remember seeing the xyr concept in person and then seeing the pictures in some car mag, it wasn't the same.

i do agree that they should have made the rear a little edgier and less bulbous.

also, it looks like a toyota monte carlo. maybe we can get jeff gordon to drive it in 2007 for toyota.

·
Registered
246 Posts
that rear is pure sc430 with touch of ex solara...

it looks too curvy for me, but interior is nice and it might be really good looking in real life...

its kind of interesting, but it seems to me as if toyota is moving more and more to lexus style

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.