NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And now it rattle and touches taps on the exhaust pipe. I can't figure out how it separated as there is no extra black plastic, just a gap??? Anyone else experience this? Is there a fix? TY in advance

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's how it is stock isn't it? Mines like that
In the 4th picture you can see there is now a "gap" on the left side of the Chrome piece. There never was a gap and there is no gap on the left. The chrome piece on both sides used to sit against the black trim. I do not see how the right black side piece was pushed over and it does not look like a chunk taken out. Strange

·
Registered
570 Posts
In the 4th picture you can see there is now a "gap" on the left side of the Chrome piece. There never was a gap and there is no gap on the left. The chrome piece on both sides used to sit against the black trim. I do not see how the right black side piece was pushed over and it does not look like a chunk taken out. Strange
Looks old n clapped out. Replace it. U cant expect an exhaust to last forever.

2000 GTS Turbo

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it is the plastic piece that separated from the chrome tail pipe extension. The chrome piece and the Exhaust are fine. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I didn't know it was like that then lol. I would try messing with that little L shaped bracket and screw. Worst case heat up that plastic to kind of melt it on. Or just get an exhaust and it goes in that spot instead of that fake piece.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn't know it was like that then lol. I would try messing with that little L shaped bracket and screw. Worst case heat up that plastic to kind of melt it on. Or just get an exhaust and it goes in that spot instead of that fake piece.
FIXED! Turns out a bolt was missing that runs through 3 holes on top of the plastic piece behind the bumper. Needed to be a contortionist to fix it without jacking up the car.
Now at least I hope if this happens to anyone else I can help! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts