NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I got a new headunit so nolonger need my other one. It is a JBL premium 2004 GTS headunit. I then bought dooly's blue led conversion kit for $50 and had a friend unsolder and resolder the 48 or so leds from orange to blue. Took a number of hours. I then took some simulated c.f sticker and overlayed it but that isnt perfect and can peel off in seconds if u dont like it.

I dont belive there are any other 03+ jbl gts headunits with the Blue led swap. This headunit also features CD text which scrolls what title of cd and song. They also upgraded the looks of the Premium headunit in 03+ with the jbl setup. It is a much less cheap plastic buble look as the old ones. Very sharp and organized looking. Amazing sound quality and great looking headunit.

This is rather heavy so make a reasonable offer. I think preiority shipping will be around 8-10.

As for the headunit make a reasonable offer for that as well. You must consider the time and effert it took to solder the leds along with the $50 it cost just for the leds. Dont let this slip away!!!

Old c/f sticker but upgraded to new metallic c/f more realistic:

the day of the project

w/o c/f sticker

i am taking offers and highest offer gets it

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not even close ;) I've seen stock 00-02 gts headunits go for 60-80 :) its 50 alone for the leds and was around 2+ hours installs. That would make min wage labor, free shipping and headunit free

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
hombredelassrta said:
not even close ;) I've seen stock 00-02 gts headunits go for 60-80 :) its 50 alone for the leds and was around 2+ hours installs. That would make min wage labor, free shipping and headunit free
Don't lowball. I swapped my LEDs out on my gauge cluster and that price won't even pay for the labor. LED swaps are very time-intensive and, if you're not careful, you risk damaging the whole thing.

That headunit looks great! Free bump for Dan!

·
Registered
599 Posts
I dont suppose the 04 HU played mp3s by chance?? If so I'd be VERY interested!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Damn oh well bump anyways!

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
100 shipped i think may do it. can get a low end aftermarket for 50-100 more but then u will need wireharness and do resistor mod crap and the color amy not match. these are the same leds as in the gauge mod

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yes its the jdm center and a 7" vga screen. but the 7" doesnt fit so only 6.5" wid eis viewable. now go and bid ;)

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
buyer hasnt repsonded ina bit so possibly back on ebay by monday and back up on here

1 - 18 of 18 Posts