NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
yeah, hondata is impressive, but look how many other mods he has.....damn.

·
Registered
792 Posts
His trap speeds are very impressive. With drag-radials don't the trap speeds lower?
Looking over his mods, I don't think his time is really that impressive. He could have gone lower, if he hooked up his radials right. With trap speeds like those he couldv'e shouldve gotten mid 13's. but i'm sure that's soon to come.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
00 LSM GTS said:
His trap speeds are very impressive. With drag-radials don't the trap speeds lower?
Looking over his mods, I don't think his time is really that impressive. He could have gone lower, if he hooked up his radials right. With trap speeds like those he couldv'e shouldve gotten mid 13's. but i'm sure that's soon to come.
That was only his 2nd time drag racing. His trap speed should be good for at least a 13.5.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
hey i got a question for you apexi, Does the type s 6sp come in that real dark dark dark blue color? kinda of like the spectra mica blue but way darker. or is it only available on the base rsx.

·
Banned
539 Posts
He even has diferent diferential ratio from the type-R. He didn't mentioned WEIGHT REDUCTION..! His car may have looked like a trailer queen..no seats, fabric...etc...
BRGS

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Red-one said:
He even has diferent diferential ratio from the type-R. He didn't mentioned WEIGHT REDUCTION..! His car may have looked like a trailer queen..no seats, fabric...etc...
BRGS
What are you talking about. His car weighed in at just over 2900lbs with him in it. If he did any kind of weight reduction is was probably at most his spare tire. He does have a type r final drive, but that doesn't make much a difference.

·
Banned
539 Posts
Sure,sure....2900lbs how much he weight 100pounds..?
His car weighted about 2720lbs when the average RSX stock weights 2800 something.. I'm not bashing you or him I'm letting people know that the car probably and very"probably" was stripped off at least about 100pounds +'s Drag radials . But I'm not taking credit.Indeed .104MPH is de Hombre.....

Congrat's anyways..

·
Registered
85 Posts
His car weighed in at 2950 w/driver and no spare. Without spare and driver, his car is just under 2700 lbs which is only about 50 lbs lighter than stock (lighter wheels, no spare).

His car is really freakin fast for just bolt-ons and Hondata. Yes, he's got cams, but they're Honda cams. Basically:

Intake ($200)
Exhaust ($400 - although is much more expensive)
Header ($800)
ITR cams/intake manifold ($800)
Underdrive pulleys ($250)
Hondata ($600)
Light flywheel ($400)

Total - $3450 (LSD was extra of course)

Makes me very jealous, as he pulls my S2000 w/o difficulty. With cams and headwork on the way, I expect him to pick up another 20 hp minimum, and probably another 3 mph in trap speed. That kind of speed in a car that heavy is nuts - especially all motor on pump gas. Based on where he's at now, if he gains 20 hp from headwork and cams, he'll have as much power as some of the all-motor cars out there running 10.7-10.8 (of course, they only weigh 1600 lbs). The K-series is the future of Honda racing.

SC

·
Banned
539 Posts
That's good..
In the latest Sport Compact Car Mag, they have a vortech S2000 with 299WHP and does 13.7 at 105.3 MPH that's almost the trap speed the RSX is doing...

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Red-one said:
That's good..
In the latest Sport Compact Car Mag, they have a vortech S2000 with 299WHP and does 13.7 at 105.3 MPH that's almost the trap speed the RSX is doing...
They probably ran at palmdale (LACR). Times are like .4-.7 seconds off because of the elevation there.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
props to that guy, fantastic time, and very powerful car

but i find this funny

in his very informative signature, he has the mod list:

AEM CAI - Hondata K20A reflash - K20A cams - Hondata intake gasket - K20A intake manifold 64.8mm port matched - 70mm taper to 64.8mm bored TB - Comptech Race Header - ES motor mount inserts - JIC FLT-A2 - neg. 2.6 camber w 1/8" toe out (corner weighted & balanced 50/50) - Specialty Products Rear camber arms - 2.25 neg. Zero toe - K20A LSD - K20A Final Drive - Exedy Flywheel & Organic Clutch - UR SS pulley set - NEO synthetics: Tranny & Motor Oil - 5zigen Fire Titanium Catback Exhaust - D3 Designs CSK - Revo SS and Capyoda bushings - ES front/rear control arm bushing set - Rotora Big Brake Kit - Axxis Ultimates rear brake pads - ATE Super Blue brake fluid - 5zigen FN01-R - Azenis 225/45/17 - Hyperground Universal kit - Ignition Solutions Plasma Direct Coils - Hotchkis Adjustable sway bars, competition endlinks - SealsIt Rod End seals 3/8" (16 total)
omg!! teh hondata totally put him into 13s!!1!

the cams alone are probably just as important, if not more so. they're the perfect mod for engines like the K20A, and the hondata complements it perfectly.

the sad thing is, i asked Ignition Solutions to make Plasma Direct Coils for the 2ZZ and they haven't done squat....i even mentioned how the 2ZZ is in a bunch of "tuner friendly" ( :chuckles: ) cars.

of course, with response like that, how can we even expect cams/ecu :(

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
t2000gts said:
props to that guy, fantastic time, and very powerful car

but i find this funny

in his very informative signature, he has the mod list:

omg!! teh hondata totally put him into 13s!!1!

the cams alone are probably just as important, if not more so. they're the perfect mod for engines like the K20A, and the hondata complements it perfectly.

the sad thing is, i asked Ignition Solutions to make Plasma Direct Coils for the 2ZZ and they haven't done squat....i even mentioned how the 2ZZ is in a bunch of "tuner friendly" ( :chuckles: ) cars.

of course, with response like that, how can we even expect

cams/ecu :(

Without Hondata he MAY have still ran 13's. but maybe a 13.9 at best. That was only his second time at the drag strip. Did you happen to see the guy who has the second fastest time? 13.8 with aem cai and HONDATA. How can you sit there and say hondata only complements such mods like cams? A lot of you have voiced some disappointment that no one is making such ecu programs for the gts, but then you go and act like hondata is not all that great.

Ill tell you what, when i get hondata (hopefully pretty soon) ill let you know how much it helped. Right now my best is a [email protected], i should run AT LEAST a [email protected] after hondata. Thats a pretty big gain to me.

Type r cams
There is a lot of talk about the type r cams. No one even knows if they are any different then the type s cams. It has been proven that the lift is the same on both cams, but the duration MIGHT be different. As far as i know, they are the same. So much for cams being the big reason why he ran so fast. Im done for now. Flame away

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
APEXiTypes said:
Type r cams
There is a lot of talk about the type r cams. No one even knows if they are any different then the type s cams. It has been proven that the lift is the same on both cams, but the duration MIGHT be different. As far as i know, they are the same. So much for cams being the big reason why he ran so fast. Im done for now. Flame away
nothing to flame about :)

and you can't discount cams if they MIGHT not be aggressive enough just like you can't count them either...solution is to wait until someone finds out for sure.

although if they were completely identical, it would be sad. how much $$ did people waste on Type R cams just to say 'Type R cams' in their sigs?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts