NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently joined that club, actually it was Saturday on the way to HIN in Philly. I pulled next to a Mercedes SL55 AMG ( 30 day tags on it) and I waved to him and then downshifted from 6th to 3rd and took off , i was doing about 130 when he just blows by me. What a day . I ended up burning a 93 Accord 4 door ( HAHAHAH) a RSX, an 02 Accord Coupe, and 00-01 BMW 328 i , i lost to a BMW M3(my brother), GTI VR6, and of course the Merc SL55. We are getting a big group together for the September Show in Baltimore if anyone is interested ill keep you updated. Had a blast and the Celi is faster then i expected. Sorry to the 01 Bimmer that lost to me.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
well my car topped out at 125

so much for GT :)

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
145 mph in an M3, 1?? mph in the S2000 (i was too busy watching the road to actually see how fast i was going, prolly somewhere around 130)

·
Registered
12,703 Posts
130 isn't that fast. Or maybe it's just me. I'm right at home running at those speeds.

Jeez I need to be a race car driver. :mad:

·
Registered
13,310 Posts
I've been 140-145 with a Supra following me north through an empty Lehigh Tunnel on the PA Turnpike. In hindsight it was very stupid, but oh the memories.

·
Registered
108 Posts
governed out at about 145 and i have gone 125-130 while going over the woodrow wilson bridge. I have the video to prove it. that was freaky cause the car feels like its gonna lift off the ground cause of the wind over the bridge and the grooves in the ground on the bridge

·
It is known.
8,236 Posts
try doin that now and i'll bet you won't have all 4 wheels when finish crossing cuz of all those potholes

·
Registered
220 Posts
I did 125 in the Maxima this weekend while embarassing a Kia that tried to mess w/ me on the Greenway heading west. He tried to cut me off @ 80 so I ran my mouth to him out the window. He had dark tint and his passenger started waving something in the window and I was not about to take any chances.

He tried to cut over on me again (still @ 80) and I dropped out of OD and eased on the gas. Got up to 125 and he was fading fast. I slowed down a few times to let him get close, then dusted him again. This happened 3 times. It was almost funny to watch his rattle trap try to catch up w/ me...

BTW, the Max goes about 141-143.

·
It is known.
8,236 Posts
racing a kia = why bother wasting gas..........not even i would waste gas on them in my blazer

1 - 20 of 39 Posts