NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im almost at 15,000 miles and i was wondering if the 15k mile checkup is really necessary. how much do the dealers charge anyways?? it just seems like they only check up on minor stuff that isn't really necessary. If i skip the 15k checkup and bring my car in at 30k would that be ok?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ttt

·
Registered
803 Posts
yeah i dont think you really need it. but i went ahead and let em check up on my car anyways since i was getting an oil change already. i think all they did was check tire pressure, rotate tires, check fluids, brakes.. as long as you aren't disasembling any parts, you should be fine. heres a list of what they do to your car. found it under tech info/service intervals on this site.

http://www.radphys.com/ARTICLE_MAINT_NORMAL_15K.pdf

·
Premium Member
5,032 Posts
If you'd like to keep that warranty in case something goes wrong...I'd do it.

If your engine blows up..Toyota has an excuse NOT to fix it, saying you didn't follow it's routine maintenance.

When my Celica's engine went...Toyota did a full history and warranty check on the car....they checked to see if it was completed. Of course I didn't have a problem with it, and they can't really say that you DIDN'T get it checked out, but it's not that much for a 15k.

It's not much, and it can only help keep your car in running condition. The only reason I'd see not to do it, would be because you're broke...but you gotta have priorities. :nono:

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
ArchangelX said:
If you'd like to keep that warranty in case something goes wrong...I'd do it.

If your engine blows up..Toyota has an excuse NOT to fix it, saying you didn't follow it's routine maintenance.

When my Celica's engine went...Toyota did a full history and warranty check on the car....they checked to see if it was completed. Of course I didn't have a problem with it, and they can't really say that you DIDN'T get it checked out, but it's not that much for a 15k.

It's not much, and it can only help keep your car in running condition. The only reason I'd see not to do it, would be because you're broke...but you gotta have priorities. :nono:
:werd: I was planning on not doing my 5k checkup since i thought it was a waste of my money and I thought that i could just change the oil, rotate the tires, check all fluids, but the dealer said that if i did not have my check ups done and I had a problem come along down the road that they would not fix it since i did not have the check ups done.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Since the Toyota dealer is right down the road from me, they have been changing my oil and doing the anual NY State inspection.

For the 15k service, they basically inspect the brakes, suspention, steering and such.

Now, beetween the oil changes where they claim to "check fluid levels" and the NYS inspections, I just about got the 15k service already covered and the reciepts to verify that they claimed to have checked these items on an ongoing basis.

I don`t think Toyota would have much of a case on a warranty issue if I didn`t let them rape me with the 15k service!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
how does it cost? does this include an oil change because i want to do that myself and i don;t want to pay for it. also i am not paying for another air filter lol unless they want to buy me another K&N for my CAI :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts