NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've discraced my car! I got one run in bandimere speedway (5280ft altitude) and I ran a 17.4 sec quarter mile. I had a ****ty launch but still should have ran a better time then that. I didn't hit lift in second gear but came very close even though it is an 02 with the rev limiter. Any ideas on how this could be??? BTW, I have SRI, DC header, TRD exhaust, and TRD clutch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
Dont sweat it too much. Whats most important is how you launch and your shift in to 2nd that determines pretty much the outcome. However, it seems like might have messed up in both. Just keep practicing, and you'll be getting better times. If you feel that your car is not running at its optimal performance, check your trap speed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FriedRice said:
u gave up an mr2 turbo for a celica?
It was an NA 2.2 litre 5sfe, then I slapped the turbo on and blew the motor. After that I wanted to go NA and my choice was between a Celica GTS or RSX Type S. I chose the better looking one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2k2gts6 said:
did you go into lift in 2nd at all?...if not thats why
I didnt land lift when I shifted into second gear, dunno if thats possible with an 02. I landed prolly 5900rpm in second and I heard lift kick in but didnt feel it kick in at all. Maybe the adrenaline made me feel no kick.

BTW: I recently had toyota swap me a new motor too
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,409 Posts
Launching is key, my friend. Landing lift in 2nd will make it or break it for a GT-S driver's time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,207 Posts
Originally posted by 2zzRaCer
It was an NA 2.2 litre 5sfe, then I slapped the turbo on and blew the motor. After that I wanted to go NA and my choice was between a Celica GTS or RSX Type S. I chose the better looking one.

wrong choice....if u wanted to go fast NA u shoulda got the rsx
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,756 Posts
but the RSX can be made faster
 

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
Joined
·
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by The Game
but the RSX can be made faster
But the RSX also has a huge aftermarket. Wait for cams and a race header to come out for the Celica and see how they compare then. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
896 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
that is a bad time

i ran 5 or 6 times the 1 time i went to the track... 02 6 speed, 15.53 is my fastest. 16.663 slowest... and i like hit the reverse gate on the worst run on the 1-2...so work on the driving a bit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
2k2gts6 said:
that is a bad time

i ran 5 or 6 times the 1 time i went to the track... 02 6 speed, 15.53 is my fastest. 16.663 slowest... and i like hit the reverse gate on the worst run on the 1-2...so work on the driving a bit
At what altitude?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
896 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,756 Posts
Originally posted by Blue Bomber
But the RSX also has a huge aftermarket. Wait for cams and a race header to come out for the Celica and see how they compare then. :)
true, but as it stands now rsx > celica in aftermarket
 
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Top