NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, im selling my 4-5 month old notebook because I am going to be entering college this fall and need to have a notebook with better battery life. I want to get some things put out so you can see why I am selling it (sadly). I absolutely love this notebook, I just cant stand the weak battery life it has. At fully charged it will last just below one hour. This is not acceptable for me or anyone else in college. This notebook is great for someone who wants an entertainment notebook. I absolutley love the 17" screen it has but this laptop is also on the heavy side a bit because of it.

It recieved a 7.3/10 by CNET.com reviewers and a 7.4/10 by the CNET.com users

Full Specs can't be found for this specific laptop at the moment but I will state some general ones, feel free to post any questions

I bought this laptop for around 1,499.99 USD at a local Best Buy with a 3 year warrenty plan. The warrenty plan covers pretty much everything EXCEPT PUNISHMENT/NEGLIGENCE TO THE NOTEBOOK. This warrenty was an extra 299.99 USD. I saw a Ebay "Buy it Now" price of 1,049.95 USD + 64.99 USD shipping.and i feel with the extra warranty I have on it this laptop I want to get around 1,100 for it. Remember its only 4-5 months old, and it has a 2.7 GHz Processor, 80 GIGS of HD Space, and 512MB of ram, Pentium 4 processor, Windows XP, and ATI graphics card. Only has one minor scratch on it.

I want to part with this laptop for atleast 1,100.00 USD OBO.

feel free to post any questions

Thanks

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
LoL

you're asking $1,100 for a used HP notebook? Oh man..I hope you find someone that doesn't know much about computers to buy that one. HP SuUUCKS...just my opinion...i used to build em though. Good luck though man

·
Registered
903 Posts
i think you mean 2.8 GHz and good luck selling it, you are asking a bit too much. I cheap notebook to carry around but at this price, i can get a nice 1.6 core duo thats nice and small and with better specs. Not trying to ruin your sales, but just helping you to realize that there are other better deals out there. And im with you Curt705, hate HP too!!!

·
Registered
27,517 Posts
^ I've owned two HP's and never had a problem with them.

I have this exact notebook and my biggest grip is the same as yours, the extremely weak battery life and it's heavy as hell. If I'm lucky and not running too many app's I'll get a little over an hour's use without being plugged in. But other than that it's satisfied my every need. I have it hooked up to my TV now and I haven't disconnected it in 3 months. I never take it anywhere anymore. :D

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
evil eye said:
^ I've owned two HP's and never had a problem with them.

I have this exact notebook and my biggest grip is the same as yours, the extremely weak battery life and it's heavy as hell. If I'm lucky and not running too many app's I'll get a little over an hour's use without being plugged in. But other than that it's satisfied my every need. I have it hooked up to my TV now and I haven't disconnected it in 3 months. I never take it anywhere anymore. :D
not EVERY one is going to have problems..you may get one that works great. But I know how HP builds them and how lazy they are about safety with their components. They require the workers to wear ESD straps..but almost none of them work properly..and most of the employees don't even wear them. And if something is dropped or something like that...its still used. Just a couple of the things I saw

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay, well i did realize now how much i over priced this but i guess it worked, i sold it to my dad's friend. hes giving me 1000 in cash for it. hehe.

PLEASE CLOSE THREAD

btw please help me out in the off topic section for helping me pick a new college laptop for all the computer whizzes

·
Registered
903 Posts
hmmm...i wonder if they built our cars in the same manner lol

·
Registered
903 Posts
firestorm said:
okay, well i did realize now how much i over priced this but i guess it worked, i sold it to my dad's friend. hes giving me 1000 in cash for it. hehe.

PLEASE CLOSE THREAD

btw please help me out in the off topic section for helping me pick a new college laptop for all the computer whizzes
avoid dell if you can. Sony is a little over priced but still okay. I like toshibas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.