NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

For sale are the 18" TRD 5-spoke silver wheels I had on my 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S. Last year, I moved to Enkei RPF-1s in 17. The 18s are shod in original Dunlop Star Specs with an average of 5mm of tread remaining - from 4.7 - 5.6mm across all four.

My life and work have me at home since late 2009. These tires have seen very few miles. A trip to Texas (DDPR) to install and tune the upgrades on the Celica and a bit of driving after. But I wanted to move to as light as I could go and thus the RPF-1s in 17. These have been in storage every since.

These wheels are 18-in. x 7.5-in. (with 42 mm offset, a 5-on-100 mm bolt circle (P.C.D.) and a 54mm center bore) cast alloy wheels designed specifically for Toyotas. The spokes extend outwards quite a ways and thus most you find are curb-rashed beyond belief.

This is a set of three near-pristine wheels and one with some minor indentation from having been placed spokes-down on a concrete driveway. A wider tire can prevent much of this but risks denting the wheels on crappy Illinois roads. These are extremely difficult to find in good, let alone great, condition. And these have centercaps.

The centercaps suffer from UV exposure. They're like old Chrysler headlights and need to be sanded/buffed and treated to get them back to like-new. But new they run $30-$35 each.

Below are pictures form my cellphone. You can see one spoke that can show the damage in one of the pictures. But, IIRC, 3 of the spokes on that wheel have visible damage. Otherwise, these are in fantastic shape. And the rubber should last two summers, easily.

Pictures below. Asking $800 for the set with tires. The wheels in black alone will run you $222 new before shipping, best price.

I apologize for the cell phone pics. But I can take more and work with anyone that's serious. They're in central Illinois. I can be PM'd here.

The Celica itself should be going up for sale soon. But I'm in no hurry there, either it seems. LOL

Don't hesitate to contact me. I'd LOVE to see these get on a ride that will show them off they way I loved to when I had them mounted!

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,652 Posts
Hey 2KGTS.

Did you forget something? ;)

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good Lord yes. And you didn't smoke me outta the gate. THANKS!

I c&p'd this from a local board. Crap. I'll get another pic in ASAP w/name and date.

Jeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzz... LOL

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PER NC.ORG RULES:

·
Premium Member
6,652 Posts
No prob. I knew you had these anyways, and you've been on the board forever. But rules are rules.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:bowdown:

·
Chris
2000 Celica GTS, 1998 4Runner, 2008 Infiniti FX35
184 Posts
Everyone has to play by the rules!! :thumbup: It's bad enough that people like JapUKspares still can do what he did on here! :(

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep. And thanks for the free bump!

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is anyone having trouble seeing the pics? They're posted on postimage.org. I'm being told by someone they can't see them. All works every time for me. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,652 Posts
I have no trouble seeing them. :shrugs:

·
Spanning Tree Storm
1,264 Posts
At work I couldn't see them. At home they are fine.BTW nice wheels

·
Premium Member
6,652 Posts

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks all - and I like your five spokes, too!

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Last bump for '16. Putting them in storage!

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I moved them into storage when I mounted my snows, but yes!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just wondering. Just got some yesterday kind of in bad condition so yeah I was looking at these as well but the other guy gave them to me for a steal thanks though

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They're very hard to come by in decent condition, let alone the great shape mine are in. I hope they serve you well!

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Spring 2017 bump!

Price drop! $600 picked up!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.