NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KSilver2000 said:
I think 40 is too big for 18's. Maybe 35 or 30.
Thanks for the responses guys. I think I will wait till I get a kit before slapping on the rims. Because the roads in my city are pretty bad, I'm gonna need extra beef to take on the potholes and in turn, it will lessen my wheel gap a little bit since I'm getting the TRD spring/shock combo. I would go for the 35 profile if the city actually put more money towards upgrading our roads :( .

Do you guys think I should recalibrate my odometer once the rims are on?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Silver Jet said:

Do you guys think I should recalibrate my odometer once the rims are on?
I hope you don't mean resetting the odometer because that would be illegal. But if you mean just recalibrate the reading of the speedometer or ODO there is no way. That's why you have to stick with the stock diameters using the graphical calculators in the "other" part of this site. And from my understanding you'll be closer to stock diameter with the 35.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah that's what I meant, the speedometer. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I wasn't sure if that was possible.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
WEll to be honest there men your speedometer will at most even with 19's only be off by like 3-5mph nothing to worry about by no means!!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
celiboy07 said:
I think that setup with no kit would look kind of off. Even with the TRD it will look too big for the stock body.

Henry

I'm getting the Kaminari Kit with TRD shocks/springs combo. I don't think it'll look too bad. The TRD Front bumper sits a bit higher than the Kaminari so yeah, it will probably look off.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Silver Jet said:

I'm getting the Kaminari Kit with TRD shocks/springs combo. I don't think it'll look too bad. The TRD Front bumper sits a bit higher than the Kaminari so yeah, it will probably look off.
Oh in that case it wont look off. I have that setup and it looks good with the TRD drop. I say go with 40 series because it look like it fills the wheel well more than the 35 series with the TRD drop.

Henry

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
i got 18's 40 series with TRD drop AND no kit for 6 months

i added the kit, and the car LOOKS A LOT BETTER . . . without a kit, the rims look too big for the car

1 - 18 of 18 Posts