NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOTE: I HAVE THE REQUIRED CELICA 54.1mm CENTER RINGS To include (you will NOT receive the VW center rings which are 57.1mm instead -- I have both!!!)

These are the true (not aftermarket speedy star replica) SSR Competitions (Speed Star Racing).

I recently got these for my R32 because they are the lightest wheel available but in my heart of hearts I want to custom order a set of Fikse's instead especially after seeing the exact wheels I want on a Porsche at a track event recently.

Anyway.. I guess this is more of a feeler because if no one jumps... I will keep 'em for a while and re-evaluate if I still want the Fikse's later on.

I have UNDER 200 miles on the tires. The tires are Kuhmo Escta 225 40 18s. This combo ONLY weighs in at 34 pounds :eek:

The offset is 32mm!

Here are some photos of how they look on my R32:

PRICE IS A VERY FIRM $1800 -- Local Chicago Cash 'n carry is welcome! $1800 INCLUDES the wheels, aluminum center caps and tires already mounted.... shipping is EXTRA!

·
Registered
157 Posts
jdm-style said:
:rofl: that made me laugh
Why? I purchased and resold 3 sets of SSR comps for at or under $1k over the last year. Recently, just selling one set for $900 and the other set for $950. Both sets only used for autocross in like new condition.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
ryanB said:
Why? I purchased and resold 3 sets of SSR comps for at or under $1k over the last year. Recently, just selling one set for $900 and the other set for $950. Both sets only used for autocross in like new condition.
So why would you want this set for $900 if you're just going to sell it again for $900? You don't make any sense.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Originally posted by ryanB
PRICE IS A VERY FIRM $1800
no matter where u go u'll never find ssr comps 18x8 for 9bills. who ever sells ssr's for that cheap is an idiot

·
Registered
157 Posts
KSilver2000 said:
So why would you want this set for $900 if you're just going to sell it again for $900? You don't make any sense.
Bolt Pattern and Offset is why. I am campaigning a different car now, thats the only reason. I always have 3 sets of wheels/tires for autocross, one for rain, one R-compound and one for the street use.

·
Registered
157 Posts
jdm-style said:
PRICE IS A VERY FIRM $1800
no matter where u go u'll never find ssr comps 18x8 for 9bills. who ever sells ssr's for that cheap is an idiot
OK, I guess IYO I'm an idiot, thats fine, your entitled to it. However, I can give you a link to about 10 other guys selling or have sold SSR's "that" cheap. I've never seen Comps this high anywhere outside of tire rack new in the box, although I'm sure there are a few out there somewhere that are priced like yours. Oh well, didn't mean to get you p'd off to the point of slinging insults at me so I'm out, good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
These are $1800 firm.. I will NOT 'let them go' for $1500 for local pick up.. sorry...

I'd rather just keep them for myself at that price point..

BTW: I have seen a guy sell a set of BENT AND CURBED SSR Comps for $900 WITH used up tires...

...and some goofball with WRK 40mm offset sold a set for only $900 as well..

...They cost over $2200 new... Check TireRack pricing to confirm.

I was toying with the idea of custom ordering Fikse's instead but I think at this point I'll just hold on to my SSRs.

Perhaps in a year or 2 I'll be more likely to sell them at $1500 with some more wear on the tires :D

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Originally posted by ryanB
OK, I guess IYO I'm an idiot, thats fine, your entitled to it. However, I can give you a link to about 10 other guys selling or have sold SSR's "that" cheap. I've never seen Comps this high anywhere outside of tire rack new in the box, although I'm sure there are a few out there somewhere that are priced like yours. Oh well, didn't mean to get you p'd off to the point of slinging insults at me so I'm out, good luck with the sale.
i never called you an idiot, i said "WHO EVER SELLS" them at that low of a price is an idiot. please read up before you start pulling stuff out of your a$$.
Originally posted by chris101
These are $1800 firm.. I will NOT 'let them go' for $1500 for local pick up.. sorry...

I'd rather just keep them for myself at that price point..

BTW: I have seen a guy sell a set of BENT AND CURBED SSR Comps for $900 WITH used up tires...

...and some goofball with WRK 40mm offset sold a set for only $900 as well..

...They cost over $2200 new... Check TireRack pricing to confirm.

I was toying with the idea of custom ordering Fikse's instead but I think at this point I'll just hold on to my SSRs.

Perhaps in a year or 2 I'll be more likely to sell them at $1500 with some more wear on the tires :D
i'd say keep'em they look awesome on your car :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jdm-style said:

i'd say keep'em they look awesome on your car :)
...thanks.. It's looking like that's the plan.. after all, I only just bought them.. LOL

I got a quote from Fikse for $4033 for what I want :( ...WAY too expensive anyway (and that doesn't even include tires!!!)

...and I am starting to like them more and more on my car... they seem to fit well....

:D

BTW: My Celica is long gone but it was a fun car and perhaps someday I'll own another :D

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Originally posted by chris101
...thanks.. It's looking like that's the plan.. after all, I only just bought them.. LOL

I got a quote from Fikse for $4033 for what I want :( ...WAY too expensive anyway (and that doesn't even include tires!!!)

...and I am starting to like them more and more on my car... they seem to fit well....

:D

BTW: My Celica is long gone but it was a fun car and perhaps someday I'll own another :D
price isn't suprising especially when you saw it on a porsche :gap:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
o.k. guys.. consider these officially NOT AVAILABLE... I'm just finding it too difficult to justify over $4K for ONLY wheels (even though they look amazing).... AND since these are $2200 new (less than a month old).. NO WAY am I willing to take that much of a loss at this time.... ...maybe if I'm in a good financial position in a year or 2, I'll sell these for less and look into the Fikse setup again :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts