NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Can't touch this.
3,629 Posts
Cobra spanked the 458. However, that cobra is not stock. Also, no way to tell if it is an original.

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
If the Ferrari 458 Italia was modified as well, It would have won. :eatpop:
:headbang:-FERRARI 4-EVER!!!

·
Can't touch this.
3,629 Posts
^ Needs to be modified a decent amount. Needs to either cut an entire second off its time by pumping out a lot more hp or cut an extreme amount of weight. There is a HUGE weight difference in the two cars.

·
Can't touch this.
3,629 Posts
Or double the distance and see what happens on higher speeds

Nice race though, to bad it took so long before they actually where racing.
The cobra back when it came out was able to reach 200 mph. I think even on a mile run it would still probably win. At least be a dam close race.

·
VTEC just kicked in yo!!!
3,676 Posts
Why is the second video considerably lower quality and unedited?

I would bang the flag girl and the Cobra guy's girl. Simultaneously.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Ya those cobras are no slouch, Carroll Shelby didnt get his fame off of them for nothing, That model is still declared to be one of the best cars made, and heck they still make em. to this day (special order from Shelby himself and wont have the significant factor).

If its real, its all metal which could explain the awesome chrome job. If its not its FG kit car which could make it even lighter. My dead friends dad has a 427 replica and hes scared ****less to mash it all the way. He said to me one time he did do it, once it kicked out the rear tires in 4th and he was done no more.

Also note the Shelby Cobra was was the first U.S.-made race car to ever beat Ferrari in world racing championships in Europe.

·
Can't touch this.
3,629 Posts
A bunch of youtube comments are saying its pointless because the ferrari isn't made to drag. If I remember correct, the cobras are can handle amazingly. I mean, they are small, light and rwd.

·
Registered
866 Posts
The guy driving the cobra knows how to drag race, he launches great and stages ahead of the back sensor. He also has a fire retardant suit. The guy driving the Ferrari can't launch worth **** and stages with both lights on the tree. He was doomed from the start.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts