NewCelica.org Forum banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
I was at Goodwood this weekend for the Festival of Speed and watched Jonny (who competes in the Toyota Sprint Series here in the UK) and he was the fastest car all weekend but missed out on the King of the Hill title in the last run when he had a moment after hooking the wheel on the grass on the inside of one of the early corners and was pipped by 0.4 secs by an ex-F1 Lotus 88 car, the twin chassis car. A car so quick that it was banned before it ever competed!! Still, Jonny proved that on the right run he was quicker than any of the timed cars up the hill over the course of the weekend and that's an unbelievable achievement :bowdown:

Also up the hill in very impressive time was Fensport's Celica GT4X which came in 4th overall. Both guys did the Celica community proud :thumbup:

Goodwood FoS was incredible. Simply incredible.

Oh and I got to check out the new Aventador up close and personal... 'Gorgeous' just doesn't do the car justice. All-in-all, the perfect way to spend my spare time.

·
Theoretical Gear Head
754 Posts
Cool. Less than full props for use'n nitrous tho. Nitrous is cheating.
Always sucked that the 6th gen gt4 wasn't sold in the States.

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
Cool. Less than full props for use'n nitrous tho. Nitrous is cheating.
Always sucked that the 6th gen gt4 wasn't sold in the States.
nitrous is no different than any other power adder....grow up. The movies lied to you

·
Registered
823 Posts
The colour on the car is Lexus Nurburgring Orange as used on the LFA limited edition. It did look better in the white paint job he had last season...

·
Theoretical Gear Head
754 Posts
nitrous is no different than any other power adder....grow up. The movies lied to you
Based on more than just movies. Philosophical choice. Mechanical devices that add power with just gasoline are cool. Additives aren't cool. Too specialized, too temperamental, problematic. Course, the same could be said of turbos or superchargers. Some guys like blondes, some don't. Whatever turns ya on. if it's your thing, more power to ya Memph. Pun intended.

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
Have you ever run nitrous to say it's "too temperamental" or "problematic"?

I understand preference...but you're trying to justify your choice with things that are objective..they just aren't true

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
Based on more than just movies. Philosophical choice. Mechanical devices that add power with just gasoline are cool. Additives aren't cool. Too specialized, too temperamental, problematic. Course, the same could be said of turbos or superchargers. Some guys like blondes, some don't. Whatever turns ya on. if it's your thing, more power to ya Memph. Pun intended.
this is kind of stupid - so . . in your mind, you shouldn't upgrade fuel systems because you're adding more gasoline than originally intended

you shouldn't run ethanol because despite having 104 octane its not gas

and heaven forbid cooling things off with water or meth injection so that you can run more boost/timing, right?

what about bumping compression with pistons? That's far more invasive than a turbo or supercharger.

there's a ton of different ways to make power.

My preferred method, of course, is to just drop weight - but whatever.

·
Registered
823 Posts
The pedant in me wants to point out that you cannot 'make power' by simply dropping weight. You can merely improve your power to weight ratio.

Of course, I don't wanna be a douche so I shall refrain from saying that.

:gap: Nitrous isn't cheating, it's another tool in the arsenal, that's all.

·
Theoretical Gear Head
754 Posts
Have you ever run nitrous to say it's "too temperamental" or "problematic"? I understand preference...but you're trying to justify your choice with things that are objective..they just aren't true
From what I know they are true.

I've never heard anything bad about nitrous - everyone I know who runs it loves it.
Cool. Glad they make it work without any problems and they're engines don't suffer.

this is kind of stupid - so . . in your mind, you shouldn't upgrade fuel systems because you're adding more gasoline than originally intended. you shouldn't run ethanol because despite having 104 octane its not gas and heaven forbid cooling things off with water or meth injection so that you can run more boost/timing, right? what about bumping compression with pistons? That's far more invasive than a turbo or supercharger. There's a ton of different ways to make power. My preferred method, of course, is to just drop weight - but whatever.
An upgraded fuel system is a mechanical device that adds power with just gasoline. Said as such is cool. Why would I not like that? Yep running Ethanol feels like cheating. Has it's problems as well. Correct, meth injectors are cheating as well. Bumping compression is tweaking a mechanical device. Again, cool with that. As I stated earlier, turbos and superchargers are also temperamental and problematic as well. One person's temperamental and problematic isn't another's. Yep, all sorts of ways to make power. If you count dropping weight as one, and thats what does it for you and works for you, cool. Nitrous just doesn't do it for me. They might as well added wings, a jet engine, and flew the Celica to the finish line. Both feel like cheating. The F1 car didn't use nitrous or ethanol and meth injectors either. But, hey, thats how I feel about it. If you don't. cool.

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
From what I know they are true.

An upgraded fuel system is a mechanical device that adds power with just gasoline. Said as such is cool. Why would I not like that? Yep running Ethanol feels like cheating. Has it's problems as well. Correct, meth injectors are cheating as well. Bumping compression is tweaking a mechanical device. Again, cool with that. As I stated earlier, turbos and superchargers are also temperamental and problematic as well. One person's temperamental and problematic isn't another's. Yep, all sorts of ways to make power. If you count dropping weight as one, and thats what does it for you and works for you, cool. Nitrous just doesn't do it for me. They might as well added wings, a jet engine, and flew the Celica to the finish line. Both feel like cheating. The F1 car didn't use nitrous or ethanol and meth injectors either. But, hey, thats how I feel about it. If you don't. cool.
1. you conveniently ignored my question "Have you EVER used nitrous"

2. You can feel however you want about anything...that doesn't mean your reasons aren't ignorant. You could legitimately hate black people...but none of your reasons would be within reason/quantifiable & incontestably true. Much like your reasons against nitrous. You've used a few adjectives to describe nitrous such as "too temperamental" and "problematic" without ANY support...

Also there are so many holes in what you're saying above...Ethanol is cheating...but gas isn't....but Ethanol is in all gas. Wtf are you trying to say??

·
Theoretical Gear Head
754 Posts
1. you conveniently ignored my question "Have you EVER used nitrous"
2. You can feel however you want about anything...that doesn't mean your reasons aren't ignorant. You could legitimately hate black people...but none of your reasons would be within reason/quantifiable & incontestably true. Much like your reasons against nitrous. You've used a few adjectives to describe nitrous such as "too temperamental" and "problematic" without ANY support... Also there are so many holes in what you're saying above...Ethanol is cheating...but gas isn't....but Ethanol is in all gas. Wtf are you trying to say??
Not all gas has ethanol. Regardless, what I meant specifically was that a high ethanol fuel, such as drag alcohol, would be cheating. Not the 5-10% you find in high octane pump gas. Further specification, when mention gas I mean pump gas in general.

·
Registered
257 Posts
1994 Celica ST205 GT4

it is quite hard to find a nice and decent 7th gen Celica from where I live (I've owned a couple of 7th gen back in the state few years ago), really want to get another one here but no luck. But recently, and luckily, I've found something different, well, in a way, and I purchased a 1994 ST205 Celica GT4, I'm so impressed with the car (still loving the 7th gen by all mean), hopefully I will keep the car as long as I can.

any owner of GT4 here?

81 - 100 of 108 Posts