NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a celica from someone who got it from an auction drove it for a year then he said it wouldn't go more than 10mph he got jt in his driveway shut it off and it sat for the last year. Im replacing the old gas,put in a new battery, already changed spark plugs and wires. Will do an oil change next but I found oil in my spark plugs and one of the distributor cap connector for a spark wire, which I read is probably the O-ring behind the distributor so ill hold off on putting in new oil until I replace that as well as the intake and valve cover gaskets. He said it was his first car so I assume it needs the works but just as far as getting it started so I get some Long Term Fuel Trims to be able to diagnose it better. Everything on the radiator fan was unplugged which I found odd. Theres a hose on the back of the intake manifold by the firewall on the drivers side it has a cap on it wondering if it needs a vacuum line there but cant find a good picture or diagram. It has 200,000 miles but Im a decent mechanic. The engine turns over but wont start im assuming just cuz of the year old gas I gotta find a recycling place. If anyone has had any of these issues any advice would be greatly appreciated even just a point in the right direction would save me lots of time and money.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
497 Posts
This website is dedicated to the 2000-2005 Celicas. Try here instead:
or
Sixth Generation - Toyota Celica Forum

However, I suggest you test the coil built into the distributor to ensure it is functioning to provide spark to the plugs.
I also suggest you check the timing belt to ensure it is in good condition and hasn't stretched or lost teeth messing up the valve timing.
Those are common worn out items causing no start on the older FWD celicas with the 1.8 (7afe) and 2.2 (5sfe) litre engines.
Hope this helps. Good Luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts