NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for some backgrounds for my computer at work today, and wow did Toyota ever hit the nail right on the head with the 1st generation of the Celica. I just love pretty much everything about this model, I mean back then Celica's were actually RWD. Now why couldn't they just keep it that way instead of splitting the Celica into the Supra and Celica model, with the Poopra getting RWD and the Celica going to FWD. :shrugs:

but enough of that I just wanted to see how many other people love the look of the 1st generation of our cars:

^ Pure sex!!! :drool:

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Celicas always did pretty good in the styling department. I've been around long enough to have grown up right alongside all the different generations. My neighbour had a nice green 1st generation fastback, I could always look at it right from my room, about 20 feet away. I sometimes wonder what became of that car.

·
Premium Member
18,039 Posts
The ST were the fastbacks, right? I love that style more than the GT liftback.

Love the 1st gens! Love the 4th gen liftback coupes too. :drool:

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The whole first gen is just full of win to me... I would take any of the models that they offered during those years they were in production. but I don't know what happened for the 2nd - 4th generations though. Some of those models are borderline :AF: but I guess all in all every generation has it's strong and week points.

Is it bad that like my favorite styling feature on the 1st gens is the gangsta side mirrors they have on some of them? They are straight ballin to me. I have no idea what trim they came on, but they are just pretty nifty to me, and give it sporty mean stance. :wiggle:

For example:

I just have to say that I love those mirrors on the 1st gens. :drool:

·
Premium Member
18,039 Posts
I think the Japanese models had them mounted there while the USDM models had them by the side windows.

Oh, there was a guy down here in San Diego selling his beautiful 1st gen for under 6000. It was nice too.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think the Japanese models had them mounted there while the USDM models had them by the side windows.

Oh, there was a guy down here in San Diego selling his beautiful 1st gen for under 6000. It was nice too.
Hmmm, I see, Well that is the first thing for sure that I would do to that car if I ever got my hands on a 1st gen. It would be the equivalent of the S2000 antenna mod for the 7th gen to me. It just has to be done. :gap:

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You're on JNC too? I'm on there but have not been too active.
Actually I a not on JNC, I just happened to be searching for some 1st Gens and ended up on that website. They have some really cool stuff on there though.

:moved:

My mechanic is in the process of restoring one:
http://newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=289195
How could this thread possibly be moved from the "General Discussion" on to the "All Other Models" on a CELICA car forum?!?! :gap:

But I remember seeing that thread here a couple of months, and wow that would be such a sick car once it is finished. It would be just sick nasty for sure!

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Definitely not a '68 Celica. The Celica bowed december 1970. :)

The greenhouse on the liftback was a rippoff of the 1st generation Mustang fastback, but the rest of the body specially the front and rear faces with integrated bumpers was all Toyota. The rest of the lines are period specific and not inherent to the Mustang specifically.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Definitely not a '68 Celica. The Celica bowed december 1970. :)

The greenhouse on the liftback was a rippoff of the 1st generation Mustang fastback, but the rest of the body specially the front and rear faces with integrated bumpers was all Toyota. The rest of the lines are period specific and not inherent to the Mustang specifically.
So are you saying that you hate the 1st Gen or that you actually like it? You have me confused now... :gap:

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
I like it. The comment on the liftback is just an acknowledgement that it was in fact a copy of the Mustang roofline.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.