NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check the pics out. This is before i tightened most things, so if things look loose, thats why.

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
lookin really good man. so you got the SF turbo huh?? how easy was the install?? how is the piping?? i know they had a few issues with the piping fitmet

from the look of it, the GT has a bit more space back there compare to the GTS

how much did you end up payin for it?? congrats on the upgrade :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought the SF sponsored kit off Control One for a good price. It's with the upgrades T3/T04B turbo and a ported exhaust manifold/downpipe. The piping fitment was great. Just one pipe was a lil tough to figure out how to put it, but it only took like 2 mins to figure it out. The hardest part BY FAR was getting the manifold in place.

The SF kit comes with a split second "black box" and utilizes the stock fuel system with a external 255lph pump fuel regulator. I just recently got a new job, so i plan on upgrading the crappy parts of it like the filter, the intake manifold, and the fuel management.

Hey Locust, i'm trying to get down to the shop, but i gotta bring it to the exhaust place first so they can extend my pipe a few inches so i can get the exhaust and downpipe plange to be tight against each other. Do you have a lift at your shop? If you do, do you mind if i use it to check the oil leak? As much as i like using jacks to get my car up, it's not fun.

Oh, and by the way, i got the intercooler and piping on without taking off my bumper. I think taking off the bumper is a big waste because it was very simple getting it in place with the bumper on.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TRD StreetRacing said:
u plan on "upgrading" the intake manifold to what??
There is a shop in CT that does custom intake manifolds.

It would look something like this probably

Anything is better than our crappy plastic intake manifold

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Originally posted by JCelica132
There is a shop in CT that does custom intake manifolds.

It would look something like this probably

Anything is better than our crappy plastic intake manifold

Actually...you would be surpised about how nice our plastic manifold is. The only reason I would replace it was to swap in a larger throttle body.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im sure the custom manifold is a ton better than the one we have still

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Originally posted by JCelica132
im sure the custom manifold is a ton better than the one we have still
I don't see how the manifold is a restriction... the runners are smooth and sightly bigger than in the intake ports.

Hell... a spyder owner with a T3/T04E turbo made 270whp running on the stock intake manifold and throttle body. It's your car of course. Myself, I wouldn't worry about the manifold untill it becomes a restiction. Being that your car is a show car I guess a shiny metal manifold would be better for you though :)

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i wasn't planning on getting it for awhile. Just a idea for down the rd. the first thing i'll do is upgrade the fuel management to a PFC and bigger injectors.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey JCelica132! Momentum Tuning is the place where my best friend built his VW gti with dual superchargers. His name is Sam Johnson and he built it with Boper. It is a completely gutted silver gti with 2 superchargers and a sequentail shifter. Have you seen it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts