NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ordering a new stock oil pump to install a Circuit Worx Oil Pump Gear into.

Everywhere I have looked, PartzNet and numerous Toyota dealers, it appears that the oil pump is the same unit for either the 1zz or 2zz. It comes up as being for two different vehicles (i.e. one for a GT, one for a GTS), but the part # is the same.

Can someone confirm that this is correct before I buy the GT pump for my GTS?

WAR, if you've already PM'd me back by the time I see this, then thanks!

aerospike

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
That's what I've been trying to find out....but no one seems to have an extra 2zz pump they'll sell me. If anyone wants to sell me a used 2zz oil pump send me a PM :)

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm....'cuz even my performance shop, when they put on my invoice "new oil pump" it is listed as the GT one.

I've got to look into this more.

@ p1ccolo, I'm just talking right now about the stock oil pump. Are you talking that you want to order that piece? Or do you want to order the Circuit Worx gear?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Just looked it up and they do have different part numbers:
GTS:
GT has 2 part #'s:
151000D021

If I remember correctly the 2ZZ pump will bolt up to the 1ZZ that may have been why I thought the housings were the same. I'll try and confirm this.

·
Registered
193 Posts
celica604 said:
Just looked it up and they do have different part numbers:
GTS:
GT has 2 part #'s:
151000D021

If I remember correctly the 2ZZ pump will bolt up to the 1ZZ that may have been why I thought the housings were the same. I'll try and confirm this.
it would not bolt! 1ZZ and 2ZZ is totally different!!

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually, there is a better aftermarket pump available for the 1ZZ. I would venture to say it's even better than the Circuit Worx gear. Check out my post at the top of this forum.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts