NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the alternator, water pump, condensor, fuel pump(pressure the same?)the same on both the 1ZZ and the 2ZZ? Are they interchangable

Thanks

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Up

Anyone know if the fuel pump for the 1ZZ has the same flow rate/pressure as the 2ZZ counterpart?

I have a 2ZZ-GE coming and would like to know what parts are interchangable before mounting it on the MR-S

·
Registered
225 Posts
Alternator is not the same, the 2zz has slightly higher output. The water pump is definitely not the same, and the 1zz water pump will not fit on the 2zz.

I don't know about the other items you mentionned, but check the repair and maintenance forum for some scans from the factory Celica service manual. When there's a difference between the GT-S and the GT, they mention it and usually show both parts.

Good luck with the swap!

Marc

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Good thing I got all the accessories. :)

What I really want to know is if the Fuel pump has the same specs.

The 1ZZ-FE pump should be enough though for the the stock power output :)

·
Registered
19,279 Posts
I'm not too sure about that. Under 6k maybe, but once you hit lift I think it's a different story. I am talking outta my ass but I something to consider.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I just checked on partznet.com, and they only list one fuel pump for all 00-03 Celicas, so unless there's a mistake with the listing, the GT and GTS use the same pump.

I also looked up the MRS, and even though Partznet does not show part #s, it looks like the same pump since they're exactly the same price, to the penny.

Marc

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks a lot marcus.

Actually I thought so. Should have a constant pressure of 50psi IIRC. And even if they where not the same. The stock MRS pump does well at over 200hp on turbo cars :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts