NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello celica community, im very new with my celica and i just purchased a AEM CAI intake for my car. The car is a 2001 GT 5 speed. I was wondering what mod's will really help the car kick up the hp alot better. What other parts would you suggest me adding or starting with. Thanks for your time.
Prox.

·
Banned
350 Posts
If not wait a couple of months tell Greddy or Trial comes out with a supercharger and add that sucker on there

oh and a short shifter also helps
you can also try pulleys too

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ZenoGenProducts said:
Port your header, exhaust and nitrous... nitrous is always good
How much horsey's you think porting my header and a good exaust will add? and what do you think would be my best go with product wise, as i said, im very new to the community, But very happy the community is friendly. Thanks
Prox.

·
Registered
903 Posts
the only thing that will add significantly more power than a CAI is forced induction (supercharger/turbo) or nitrous.

There are lots of little mods that help about like the intake, but nothing is really night and day.

·
Banned
350 Posts
Proxemus said:
How much horsey's you think porting my header and a good exaust will add? and what do you think would be my best go with product wise, as i said, im very new to the community, But very happy the community is friendly. Thanks
Prox.
around 5-10 with ported and exhaust or else if you dont wanna waste your money on the porting your header just buy an aftermarket header. But nothing beats nitrous, nitrous goes hands down. but it will be money consuming if you use it alot, so i'd save for a supercharger, or a turbo if your're a very mechanical inclined person

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ZenoGenProducts said:
around 5-10 with ported and exhaust or else if you dont wanna waste your money on the porting your header just buy an aftermarket header. But nothing beats nitrous, nitrous goes hands down. but it will be money consuming if you use it alot, so i'd save for a supercharger, or a turbo if your're a very mechanical inclined person
I've done supercharger installation on like vette's but i dont know if they even make a deacent super charger for the 1zz-fe that will acually give you more then 30 HP like the TRD one does. Is there any other alternative? Thanks
Prox.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ZenoGenProducts said:
oh and changing your flywheel and clutch also helps...
Are those hard to change? i know you have to disconnect the tranny but there is alot more then just that im shure.
Prox

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
btagoc said:
the only thing that will add significantly more power than a CAI is forced induction (supercharger/turbo) or nitrous.

There are lots of little mods that help about like the intake, but nothing is really night and day.
Do they have a reliable turbo kit for a celica? The only one i have ever come acrossed was this one

http://www.turbo-kits.com/celica_turbo_kits.html

I was wondering is this a good kit or **** it?
Prox.

·
Banned
350 Posts
Proxemus said:
Are those hard to change? i know you have to disconnect the tranny but there is alot more then just that im shure.
Prox
if you know nothing about changing it get someone who knows that can help you, if not go to a small shop pay em around 300-500$ on labor to change it, its not really hard just time consuming, also i would change the flywheel bolts and get some of them MWR bolts cause their reusable unlike stock ones

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ZenoGenProducts said:
i'd pick C2 turbo its known to be reliable in the celica community
How long do you think it would take to install the system, say if i got a friend that really good at installing system's approx time? hours? or longer?
Prox

·
Registered
798 Posts
i have 2001 celica gt 6 speed ( i swapped ) anyways i got the injen intake + trd exhaust and believe me it still feels pretty crappy lol. I am just doing the entire engine swap now still having problems with the harness. I just went to junkyard today to see if i could get the rest of the harness.

i/h/e sucks on a gt

either turbo or go trade it in for a GT-S

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Celi702 said:
i have 2001 celica gt 6 speed ( i swapped ) anyways i got the injen intake + trd exhaust and believe me it still feels pretty crappy lol. I am just doing the entire engine swap now still having problems with the harness. I just went to junkyard today to see if i could get the rest of the harness.

i/h/e sucks on a gt

either turbo or go trade it in for a GT-S
Thanks for the opinion =), oh and btw, did the 6speed tranny just slide right in or was it alot more then that? Thanks
Prox

·
Banned
350 Posts
Proxemus said:
How long do you think it would take to install the system, say if i got a friend that really good at installing system's approx time? hours? or longer?
Prox
about a good days worth to make sure everything works fine and there are no leaks then just pop a bottle of beer, oh and if your doing turbo make sure you upgrade your clutch... and also flywheel if your car has high miles i suggest an engine internal built also... valves, springs..., wiseco pistons, crower rods, darton sleeves, Rod bearing sect...

·
Banned
350 Posts
a cheaper way of not rebuilding your engine is to get the 2003+ 1zzfe Engines from a junkyard with low miles, they dont consume as much oil as the old ones and the oil flow is fixed.

·
Banned
350 Posts
a cheaper way of not rebuilding your engine is to get the 2003+ 1zzfe Engines from a junkyard with low miles, they dont consume as much oil as the old ones and the oil flow is fixed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ZenoGenProducts said:
about a good days worth to make sure everything works fine and there are no leaks then just pop a bottle of beer, oh and if your doing turbo make sure you upgrade your clutch... and also flywheel if your car has high miles i suggest an engine internal built also... valves, springs..., wiseco pistons, crower rods, darton sleeves, Rod bearing sect...
Well the engine only has 12,000 miles on it so i dont have to do anything, and if i where torebuild the engine id probley buy the C2 kit aswell, and acually make some crazy power.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts