NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was talking with a team member (marky) and he showed me this web site that claims to have cams...sure enough they do. Im going to try and call tommorw to get details. Heres the web site
http://www.dbilas.de/English/dbilas.html
once there go to products...cams..toyota....and scroll down.
Heres where the confusion comes in at. In europe the GT-S is called the T23. They have listed...T23 but in () it says 1zz so not sure which one they have until we call them.
EDIT: OK i just realized there both called the T23 just different by motor, so it seems its for the 1zz exclusivly...if so i will hate you guys.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes it for the gt only!
Originally posted by fleetingglimpse
are you still going to call them soceur?
I just posted this today! will do tommorow

·
Registered
656 Posts
Maybe theres hope for an N/A 1zz after all

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by black02gt
Maybe theres hope for an N/A 1zz after all
now, the problem would be having someone fork out the cash and see if they are reliable.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Originally posted by MicaCeli
:wtf: So you get 140whp.........and theeeeeen?

at least let us dream

·
Registered
656 Posts
It looks like these cams are regrinds. If you look under the 1zz-fe it says set/regrind. Socuer when you call can you ask if they are regrinds I would appreciate and I'm sure the other 1zz guys would too.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Yeah and ask them if they know the power gains. I see they have two cams, with one being a good bit more aggressive than the other. I'm stupid with currency, but if that's in euros, then they're relatively cheap at just under $400USD. I'd be willing to shell out for a good power gain plus increased redline (say 7500 or so)

·
Registered
709 Posts
Hey Mouse,

I checked your link and sent them an email.. Read this...
This (http://www.dynospotracing.com/cams.htm) might be an interesting article to read..

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

thanks a lot for your interest in our products.

For the Toyota Celica (T23) we could only offer the regrind of the camshafts for

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks harko! Iguess that answers the questions, and as there regrinds and you have to send in the originals in i guess this kicks the bucket for most. Sorry for the dream;)

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Originally posted by Immo
I have a turbo-charged 1ZZFE celica, is it wise to install the cams? Will the gains still be noticeable?
Try asking boosted, but I think most of the turbo guys side with more duration on the intake cam and a little less on the exhaust side.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i talked to them, too.

as for the regrinding they phosphating (?) the cams after grinding.

i think the stock ones (as every other one) are only surface hardened (please correct me if i'm wrong).

he said that they will hardening them again if you want it to.
it will cost 40 euro more which is about 50 usd.

if someone wants to know more, please let me know.
i'll ask them.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks bro for the call, my german is limited;)..haha

·
Registered
432 Posts
10-20 of you all just chip in the $$... ill down my car for a month or 2 and send them my cam.. and ill let ya know the results.. lol :)
He really didnt come out and say if it was for a turbo'd or non turbo'd car?
Are they in stock?

·
Registered
709 Posts
turboceli2003 said:
10-20 of you all just chip in the $$... ill down my car for a month or 2 and send them my cam.. and ill let ya know the results.. lol :)
He really didnt come out and say if it was for a turbo'd or non turbo'd car?
Are they in stock?
No response on the turbo question.
about in stock... read it again.. you send in your own cams..

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Immo said:
No response on the turbo question.
about in stock... read it again.. you send in your own cams..
:werd:

Yeah, the stock comes from you buddy--your car will be down because you are sending in your cams, which they will regrind to their specs.

Jon

·
Registered
435 Posts
damn.. and just when i was getting all excited. does 10hp seem like a small gain from these or is this the kind of numbers one would expect with new cams?

a regrind with no dyno sheets makes me very wary. how do they know that their cam profile even works right... sounds like they just changed the duration and called it a day. it would be nice to know where it peaks power, the exact gains, etc.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts