NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 1ZZ guys keep asking "when will you build an intake manifold for the 1ZZ" - so here is the reality check.

The 2ZZ manifold is not selling nearly as well as anticipated due to the cost and I'm still WAY far away from recovering my money on that one.

At this time if / when we build one it will cost me the same to make as the GTS - hence the cost to you will be $1400 retail, just like the GTS. We could probably do a group buy for the first batch at like $1250. That will NOT include throttle body.

If / when we build one it will take months of R&D, hundreds of hours in labor and cost me probably between $6000 and $8000 to buy materials, build prototypes, test them, and get everything dialed in.

SO - thats my reality.

Now for the check part. If you 1ZZ guys want a manifold that bad and you want it now - are you willing to put your money where your mouth is? If you guys can put together 40 Orders (that means people willing to give me an $800 deposit up front and the ballance when completed) then I will tell my CNC guy to build my prototype head flanges and we will start the wheels turning ASAP.

If you can't put 40 orders together, then I will likely not be able to ever recoup my costs, and we don't need to continue the discussion. In that case I will get to it if and when I have a surplus of funds available for development. (IE: don't hold your breath)

So here you go - if you are willing put your name on the list then when it hits 40 I'll ask for money. Otherwise the answer to the question of "when will you build a 1ZZ intake manifold" will remain "when I have the time and money - so quit asking I'll tell you when I'm ready"

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -
16 -
17 -
18 -
19 -
20 -
21 -
22 -
23 -
24 -
25 -
26 -
27 -
28 -
29 -
30 -
31 -
32 -
33 -
34 -
35 -
36 -
37 -
38 -
39 -
40 -

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
297 Posts
wow. Just...wow. So because the 2ZZ owners suck at paying, we have to cover our asses in a way they never had to with this "40-order minimum" stipulation?

Edit: I'm adding an edit because I don't want you to feel like my insult was directed at you David, it was directed at the 2ZZ owners who have pissed you off so much that we 1ZZ owners are feeling the collateral damage...

All we 1ZZ owners ever wanted was someone to pay attention to us instead of repeatedly telling us to sell our cars and get a GTS/2ZZ, or some such nonsense. And dammit I want one of your intake manifolds too!

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
This GB is a great idea! Finally, 1zz owner have a clear (and visible) view on what's going on! Stickied !? lol!

If it wasnt for depending on 39 other ppl you would have your money tonight.
Put your name on the list then, no money will be paid until the 39 others have subscribed anyways ..

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
wow. Just...wow. So because the 2ZZ owners suck at paying, we have to cover our asses in a way they never had to with this "40-order minimum" stipulation?
The way I see it, you don't really pay for the 2zz owners acting. Boosted initial project/goal was to build a 2zz manifold. After people asking for a 1zz version, he accepted to think of it. It's normal that he now tries to cover his expenses on other new projects, especially if the idea/suggestion comes from member asking for new projects! You need to put some investment on any new project to show what you are selling. From the 2zz results, 1zz owner should know what to expect approximately.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Dan, I'm not really gonna argue the point, I was just getting the vibe that Boosted doesn't want to do any more projects for now, and I guess (although i am disappointed) I honestly can't blame him.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Put me on the list, I'll take #1!!! If it ever goes through that is.

David, you're up there with the top ones who have done the most for our community. I respect your engineering and craftsmanship and applaud all the little goodies you have provided. Even though I can't afford or put any of them on my car because I'm 1zz.

Here's a stupid question, I don't know if it's been asked before. Could you make a 1zz intake flange and attach it to the runners of a 2zz intake manifold complete with a 2zz TB?

·
Un-Registered User
1,327 Posts
Put me on the list too Boosted.

1.TRDoug
2.Bloodytiger

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.