NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I got an 1zz that threw a rod and broke a hole in the block by the power steering pump bracket. I knew this engine was messed up in one cylinder beforehand (no compression in cylinder #1) and had rod knock, but didn't see this till I pulled the motor. Gonna rebuild this engine but I was wondering, is it ok to weld up the hole? Or just get a new block? I would do a 2zz swap, but finding a donor GT-S is HARD up here in Alberta, Canada. Engine rebuilding is the newest car repair I'm attempting, and I'm trying to learn as much as I can and experiment on my personal cars. Any info is appreciated! Thank you.

·
Registered
427 Posts
No .. it’s donor parts and scrap. The crank will be stuffed, the bore will be stuffed the piston will be stuffed.
If you want to learn go right ahead.. but don’t use it.

the 2zz will scone up, you just have to wait. They come up with people selling after a crash or had it so long they think it’s worthless

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No .. it’s donor parts and scrap. The crank will be stuffed, the bore will be stuffed the piston will be stuffed.
If you want to learn go right ahead.. but don’t use it.

the 2zz will scone up, you just have to wait. They come up with people selling after a crash or had it so long they think it’s worthless
Yeah you're right, just going to bide my time and jump on a 2zz

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
facebook marketplace have people damn near giving stuff away, you just have to make your due diligence.... I picked up a 2zz with a c60 and ecu for about 1100 at a local scrap yard from a wrecked one....
I'm honestly considering camping the junkyards near me, I've only found a couple GT's with 1zz, but was too lazy and not worth to pull one of those. I'll just keep playing the waiting game.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm honestly considering camping the junkyards near me, I've only found a couple GT's with 1zz, but was too lazy and not worth to pull one of those. I'll just keep playing the waiting game.
Yes, but make sure you inspect it thoroughly.. Look at the Matrix XRS, Corolla XRS and the Pontiac Vibe GT, all 3 of these specific one has the 2zz.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.