NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my bicycle was wrecked when an elderly driver from a complete stop missed the brake and hit the gas, I resorted to get a new one. Collecting on insurance has not worked out yet...still dealing with All State, and not having fun doing it, since they are low-balling me.

Anyway, I just purchased the 2005 Kestrel Evoke frame and fork pictured below. 2.4 lbs. of 700K carbon fiber for $1999. It will be built up with parts similar but not exactly as shown. I should have it by next weekend. Anyone up for a ride :D


This is the color frame and fork I got.


Below are some close-ups of the frame in a different color.


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,933 Posts
Is this the first thread ever started by Chris? If so, it's totally lame. :laugh:

Nice bike. I prefer an old school mongoose w/ pegs, etc. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,310 Posts
Kestrel is old school. As a child, I wanted Kestrel. There's enough name branding that it looks like a Cobb WRX. Enjoy the climbing and keep your wheels trued and your pads off the rims to avoid the CF high speed downhill shimmy shake. :)

What is the pick for the component line? Ultegra? Dura-Ace?

When I was 15, I too was hit by an elderly-driven car when she failed to stop at a sign. She sped away while I laid on the ground. Due to solid driving, my right shoulder feels great this morning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Beast said:
Is this the first thread ever started by Chris?
no

If so, it's totally lame. :laugh:
Oh yeah....well your response is totally lame. :lame:

WillyWonka said:
What is the pick for the component line? Ultegra? Dura-Ace?
10 spd Dura-Ace
Deda Newton Aluminum stem and bars
Deda Carbon seat post
Mavic Open Pro/Ultegra wheels
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,768 Posts
Originally posted by Beast
Is this the first thread ever started by Chris? If so, it's totally lame. :laugh:

Nice bike. I prefer an old school mongoose w/ pegs, etc. :D
mongoose...wow I remember those!!!! Anyone remember the Columbia (yellow and black checkers) bikes???? Back in the day it was my dream bike...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,896 Posts
the chain should be also dipped in chrome, along with any bolt/screw in the assembly, maybe even the brake handles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,933 Posts
Originally posted by ToyoGT
mongoose...wow I remember those!!!! Anyone remember the Columbia (yellow and black checkers) bikes???? Back in the day it was my dream bike...
I had a Huffy. I always wanted a Mongoose or a BMX though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,933 Posts
Originally posted by XYRCNCP
my cousin used to have 5 BMXs...he was into modding them before he got into modding cars.
Spanish Rice? :chuckles:

My "modding" of bikes comprised of baseball cards rubbing on the rear tire, and putting that reflective robot from Frosted Flakes onto the spokes. :thumbup:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,896 Posts
:chuckles:

If you would've seen a couple of his cars when we were in HS, Spanish Rice would have been an understatement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,279 Posts
Originally posted by Beast
Spanish Rice? :chuckles:

My "modding" of bikes comprised of baseball cards rubbing on the rear tire, and putting that reflective robot from Frosted Flakes onto the spokes. :thumbup:
WTF?!? Did you grow up in the 60's?!!?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,616 Posts
XYRCNCP said:
the chain should be also dipped in chrome, along with any bolt/screw in the assembly, maybe even the brake handles.
"took my carbon fiber bike, sent it to the machine shop, chromed it"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,933 Posts
Originally posted by kaioshin
WTF?!? Did you grow up in the 60's?!!?
Some things are timeless foo! You're just jealous because you were jumping rope while your friends were riding bikes.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top