NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the first accident happend on Wed., some idiot backed up into my car causing the front bumper to get dented, scratched and mis-aligned. And my tabs on the headlights all snapped, and the low beam bulb shattered inside the projector. I took it into the body shop to get a drive-in inspection and the damaged came out to be $850+ dollars plus possible damage on the front support beam.

And then today driving back to see my parents I was rear ended by some idiot that had to be going 50+mph. He slammed on his brake and started fishtailing ,which resulted in him hitting my car while i was at a complete stop(due to traffic). this resulted in damaged rear bumper, driver side quarter panel, damaged trunk, shattered tail light and bent rear support beam. At the time of the accident i was in shock that i didn't feel like i was in any pain but as hours pass my lower back is starting to hurt, its not serious right now but i do feel slight discomfort if i stand to long.

sorry the pic is so slow, i took it with my camera phone.

What pissed me off the most was how irresponsible the other person was... he had 4 kids in the belt and NONE of them were wearing their seatbelts. At the speed he was going and the force of the impact I'm damn surprised that none of them flew out the car window.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
holy sh1t man.. that sucks... at least your alright... it can always be worse

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
damn man that sucks. I know how you feel.

my car has been hit 8 times. 6 times by misc other vehicles, 1 time by a falling dead tree, and 1 by a krispy kreme donut truck on my birthday.

I haven't done two in one week before, but 2 in one month still pissed me off.

You cant keep anything nice these days because there are too many idiots out there.

Good luck with your repairs, I would file a claim if your feeling any pain from the wreck. It may not do you any good though if you indicated you felt fine on the accident report. At least maybe you could get a payout from insurance that would provide enough $$ for an authentic JDM kit :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Damn bro...that really sucks!

At least you aren't going to be paying anything out of pocket and you know who hit the car and got em! I know it's hard...but be thankful for that... You know how many people get hit and don't know who it is and have to pay for it out of pocket!

When you get it fixed...have them jack up the price and get a few "extras" that you've been wanting...any place will do this because they are making more money...LOL!

About the back...I'd consult with a lawyer ASAP! Just because you stated at time of accident that it didn't hurt doesn't mean you can't go after them/their insurance carrier for injuries! That's how most happen...feel nothing at first but then pain starts up later! Consult a Lawyer...teach that ******* a lesson!!!!

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
damn dude that sucks!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Wow looks like your in the same spot as me right now, I was rear ended while sitting at a stop light by some idiot in a 2003 jeep liberty probally going 45mph >check out my gallery for pics<. Your neck is going to hurt like a bitch tommorow trust me you are going to have whiplash which is basically strained muscles in your neck from the forces of your head being violantly thrown backwards. If you havent already you should defiantly go to the doctor today..like a walk in clinic not an actual hospital for x-rays. It will show the other persons insurance company that you were hurt and then they will suddenly become your best friend :D. The other persons insurance will pay for a rent a car while your car is in the shop. I miss my car so much!! its been like 2weeks and will probally take at least 2 more. Sorry about the bad news :ugh: when it happend to me I was also in shock took a couple of minutes to really set in.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey guys thx for ur support. well my back is killing me right now so i made a appointment with a clinic tomorrow. i have to have my back a certain way or it starts hurting pretty bad. today i got one of those ghetto tail light fix kits so i could atleast drive around but man it makes my heart drop to see my car :(

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Dude...that suck ass...but I know how you feel...I got it twice also in 4 days...=(...my car is at the shop right now..=)...well hopefully eveything gets taken care of ...especially your back....peace out...

·
Registered
473 Posts
Stop driving your car asap. You seriously could be ruining something right now!! my front end didnt look all that bad but once you take the bumper covers off thats when you see the real damage. My ac condensor was a complete loss and my radiator had something pushed into it. Drop your car off at a shop that you know does good work asap then contact the other persons insurance company and get a rental car. A couple of days from now go to the chiropractor for an adjustment and another xray and get your self some biofreeze. From what I have heard what you get for pain&sufffering is the medical bills+lost wages x2.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
TRlPPlN said:
damn that sucks man. are you going to change the look of your car now??
ihartmycelica said:
Damn man, sorry to here that
at least your ok
what are the new plans for the car?
At this point i really don't know what i want to do with the car. having my money and hard work destroyed within seconds have left me not wanting to do anything with my car right now. I think i may just go back to stock and leave it at that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.