NewCelica.org Forum banner

2000 Celica GT-S with 2005 Corolla XRS engine and 6spd transmission swap

7K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ant813 
#1 ·
I bought a jdm celica engine and transmission. I was suppose to be out of a celica but they sent me the wrong engine and it is a corolla 2zz engine and trans. Since i had it for 5 months already there is now more warranty or returns. Due to me being in Poenix for work I was not able to check the engine and trans. Now doing the swap i find out its a corolla 2zz engine and trans. Will transmission bolt up? I heard that it wont but I could probably fabricate new mounts for it. Will shift linkage on celica work with corolla trans? Thank you

#5 ·
Damn, that fucking sucks. LOL.. I haven't even finish the swap yet. Been really busy with life. Did you take it to the shop or did you swap everything over yourself? Anyways, I used the corolla xrs transmission and used the celica shifter and linkage and it bolts up. It feels like it is going into the gears correctly, but not sure until I start up the engine. I noticed the that the celica linkage is crisscrossed compared to the corolla's parallel shift linkage. Instead of crisscrossing the celica linkage I just installed it parallel. I was thinking if it doesn't work with the celica linkage I'll buy the corolla linkage and try to see if it will work because the celica linkage is longer due to the shifter being in the front of the engine. Let me know your thoughts on what I will be doing since you've done your swap already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.