NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm the 3rd owner of a 2000 Celica GTS and when I try to do pulls in it, it redlines way lower then it is supposed to. Does the stock Celica have a rev limiter? Is there anything I can do to take it off? it's a 6-speed manual. The redline is around 5-6k depending on what gear it's in. I've put in a new clutch, sparkplugs and changing out the coil packs soon.

UPDATE: checked the lift bolts and they were broken, changed them out it wasn't too bad.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If it is not going past 6k there is something wrong, likely involving the VVT or VVTL systems. A stock ECU should let you rev the low cam up to 7000 when coolant temp is below 60C (140F), and when temp is above 60C you should have lift at 6000-6200 and have fuel cut at 7800-8300 depending on which ECU you have.
Do you have a CEL? What are the codes?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it is not going past 6k there is something wrong, likely involving the VVT or VVTL systems. A stock ECU should let you rev the low cam up to 7000 when coolant temp is below 60C (140F), and when temp is above 60C you should have lift at 6000-6200 and have fuel cut at 7800-8300 depending on which ECU you have.
Do you have a CEL? What are the codes?
i do have a check engine light and it says the maf is running too lean, i heard that it’s associated with the lifters being broke

·
Daddy Daycare
20,295 Posts
Depending on the parameters that triggered the code the ECU may be preventing higher revs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts