NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I've been researching between the VTEC and VVTL-i, and its hard to come to a decsion. I mean everybody has a Blue or Red Si around my town, but not any GTS Celica's, mainly GT's. My goal for either car I get is to hit 200whp+ and I know the ITR motor hits 200whp easily, but I want to be different, and I know the Celica motor can hit 200whp WITHOUT FI, so I dont want boost or Nitrious or n e thing like that, just n/a and I know theres a Intake and Exhaust and Header combo that can get me closer to 200whp, (TPR) from what i've been reading on and getting the Power FC for Lift adjustments, so what would anyone do? mainly for people whos own'd Si with ITR motor swaps or just Si's period, would u do Honda or Toyota?

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Honda, tho played out. Has serious quality. An ITR motor is the greatest 4 banger n/a fwd set up ever.

Id say go ITR SI. Cuz that IS different.

·
Just call me GnG
3,750 Posts
The ITR is best FF car ever made. Actually, I wouldnt say it's EASY to get 200whp on a B18C5. I forgot which mag it was, but the ITR had a SKUNK2 Intake Manifold, exhaust... just CARB legal bolt-ons and it barely made it over 200whp.
I think the EK with the B16A2 SI engine is great as is. The B18s are great too.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Gas-n-Grease
The ITR is best FF car ever made. Actually, I wouldnt say it's EASY to get 200whp on a B18C5. I forgot which mag it was, but the ITR had a SKUNK2 Intake Manifold, exhaust... just CARB legal bolt-ons and it barely made it over 200whp.
I think the EK with the B16A2 SI engine is great as is. The B18s are great too.
that sounds good for two mods.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but see that's the thing, Honda's are over played, but I want something that can handle better than a Honda, and from what I can tell, its the Celica, and everybody in my town have Civic, and I MEAN JUST ABOUT EVERYONE, and I wanna be different you know, get something no one else is driving around in much. The reason why I avoiding the Celica was the fact of payments, I didn't wanna make car and insurance payments, but now Im like **** it, I don't care, because either way it goes I'm going to have payments in life anyways.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Buy an ITR then. You get better handling than a GTS, better engine, etc.

I like the SI, my friend has one, but it handles like a turd in comparison to my GTS.

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
Originally posted by WillyK

I like the SI, my friend has one, but it handles like a turd in comparison to my GTS.
ITR will get stollen. Celica isn't.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by MicaCeli
ITR will get stollen. Celica isn't.
thats kind of abroad statement.

:werd: if you wanna be REAL different. Cuz ITR's were made in vverrryyy small quantities.

·
Just call me GnG
3,750 Posts
Like I previously stated, ITRs are considered the best FF ever made. GT-S comes close... if you what something that can out handle a ITR, get a Rx7 or Rx8. Thats something different.
Every car gets stolen, so it doesnt matter what car you get.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
RX7 handles damn good. 2600 lb's I believe for a RWD TT car is awsome.

·
Registered
22,454 Posts
The only downfall of the ITR IMO is the no sunroof :(

I would go out and drive both cars your looking at and make your decision then. I think the Celica would be more fun to drive but at the same time the Civic with te ITR motor will have more available aftermarket wise.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it's not like I can go find a Si with the ITR motor....somebody said go for the ITR itself, haha yeah that's funny, its so rare to find one of those cars anyways. They get stolen just like Si's do with turbo etc etc stuff done to it. I was on the Autotrader and I saw a GTS with 87k on it and they wanted 11k for it, and if that car is still aviliable I wanna go for it, but im afraid the miles on the motor will effect performance, unless I find a motor with lower miles, but the speed odometer will display all those mileage on there.

·
Just call me GnG
3,750 Posts
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
RX7 handles damn good. 2600 lb's I believe for a RWD TT car is awsome.
no kidding. i love my friend's FD.
Originally posted by larryd
The only downfall of the ITR IMO is the no sunroof
I wouldnt exactly call that a downside, but the ITR is also missing A/C. Shaves off weight.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by MicaCeli
I don't think they ever came in an auto :chuckles:
:rofl:
Not all of them. 96-97 had no A/C but the 00-01's had it as an option.
:werd:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts