NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys, i just purchased my 2000 celica gts 3 weeks ago and after reading some posts, i found out that the 00 and 01 celica gts has a 8350 redline. However, for some reason my car has a 7800 redline. I dont get it. Why does my car read 7800? Am i not understanding somethng? i dont even know my car :(

·
Registered
961 Posts
all 7th gen gt-s(6speed) besides '02 has 8350 fuel-cutoff. but all of them displays redline at 7800. and for '02, cutoff kicks in at 7800.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh i see. So my celica has a 7800 redline but people tend to go past the red to 8350 so they can shift into lift. Isnt that damaging for the engine?

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Going to fuel cut is fine for the motor. That is why Toyota put the fuel cut where it is. Ive been going to 8600 rpm with my PFC for tha past 4 months with no problems.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Tuppuguy
oh i see. So my celica has a 7800 redline but people tend to go past the red to 8350 so they can shift into lift. Isnt that damaging for the engine?
no its ok.

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
back from the dead i know, but my 00 auto GTS seems to hit fuel cut at 8000, not 8300? am i just looking at the tach crooked (or looking too fast) or is the automatics rev limit lower?

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
back from the dead i know, but my 00 auto GTS seems to hit fuel cut at 8000, not 8300? am i just looking at the tach crooked (or looking too fast) or is the automatics rev limit lower?
The auto's fuel cut is around 7800. I got around mine with the emanage.

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
thanks, how well does that emanage work with the auto? my friend had an emanage blue (i think) with his turbo charged 00 eclipse (4g64) and he had problems with it not controlling timing and actually cracked a head from the detonation before he found out that it wasnt controlling timing!

i see here that everyone loves the PFC, but it doesnt seem like a good option for the automatic or a daily driver since you seem to loose either some gauges (coolant temp) or its a wiring nightmare to keep the shift buttons working. but i havent done a ton of research into this, but i assume theres no 100% working plug and play, plus i have to take emissions every 2-3 years. i assume that the emanage leaves the OBD2 stuff working fine on its own and ready to pass emissions?

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
thanks, how well does that emanage work with the auto? my friend had an emanage blue (i think) with his turbo charged 00 eclipse (4g64) and he had problems with it not controlling timing and actually cracked a head from the detonation before he found out that it wasnt controlling timing!

i see here that everyone loves the PFC, but it doesnt seem like a good option for the automatic or a daily driver since you seem to loose either some gauges (coolant temp) or its a wiring nightmare to keep the shift buttons working. but i havent done a ton of research into this, but i assume theres no 100% working plug and play, plus i have to take emissions every 2-3 years. i assume that the emanage leaves the OBD2 stuff working fine on its own and ready to pass emissions?
You'd need the emanage ultimate to foil the fuel cut. There's a few threads on it.

There's no working plug and play full stand alone ECU that I am aware of for the auto.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts