NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my friends has a 2004 V6 eclipse, (auto trans. with a spot shifter) and tells me all the time that he can kill me in my 2000 gts 6speed. but he never want's to prove it, because he says i am not worth the gas. i think he is afarid. but i do not know to much about eclipses, so does anybody know how my car would compair to his.
FYI: they are both stock cars

·
Registered
521 Posts
You're not worth the gas? Tell him to put his money where his mouth is or shut the hell up. You'll walk him if you shift right.

If you really want to give yourself more of an upper hand do the butterfly valve mod and unbolt your exhaust before you race. Both mods are free and take less than 30 mins each to do.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
:moved:

You'll definitely beat him. The V6 manuals are close in speed to the manual GT-S, but the auto doesn't do too well well with the excess weight of the car.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jst07 said:
You're not worth the gas? Tell him to put his money where his mouth is or shut the hell up. You'll walk him if you shift right.

If you really want to give yourself more of an upper hand do the butterfly valve mod and unbolt your exhaust before you race. Both mods are free and take less than 30 mins each to do.
what is the butterfly valve mod ?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Those new eclipses are crap if you know when to shift you will gain in him the entire race. You'll get a couple cars on him. They are heavy and don't have the acceleration of a GTS. DO IT!

·
Registered
521 Posts
JoManGT-S said:
what is the butterfly valve mod ?

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=115457

The butterfly valve is a valve in the intake that controls airflow, and is rather bulky so it blocks air altogether. I'm not 100% sure what its in there but I dont think it has given anyone problems by removing it, and my car has run fine since I removed it a few days ago.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jst07 said:
http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=115457

The butterfly valve is a valve in the intake that controls airflow, and is rather bulky so it blocks air altogether. I'm not 100% sure what its in there but I dont think it has given anyone problems by removing it, and my car has run fine since I removed it a few days ago.
thx, it looks easy to do

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
I say ... shut his mouth! :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
not worth the gas = i am a chicken-sh!t little b!tch, and i don't want you to make my new car look as slow as it is

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.