NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 00 gts to the dragstrip for the first time last night. I went to cordova,Illinois. My first run I dropped the clutch at 5k and needless to say that run showed me how not to launch my car plus I bogged into 2nd :chuckles: My 60' was 3.341 and my 1/4 was a terrible 18secs flat. My second run I tried 3k instead and didnt drop it as quick I was able to get a 2.5 on the 60' and 16flat on the 1/4. My third I achieved a 60' of 2.4 and 1/4 of 15.9. I was looking forward to getting 15.5 on the next run but some guy in a really nice yellow s10 with tons of $$ in it had his left rear wheel come off which flew him sideways into the light tree. So since it was already 3:50am I was sure they were going to call it a night. By the way it was instant green racing so reactions werent the quickest and im sure 60's suffered from that. If needed I could post slips however with 15.9 as my highest of the night I dont think its anything impressive. Hopefully with a little more experiance soon I can hit low high 14's. :thumbup:

·
Registered
585 Posts
you have to remember the altitude factor also though. Here where I am, there is a whole second difference from sea level. So a celica running a 14.8 is only doing a 15.8 here. It sucks :thumbdown

I have an AEM CAI, stripped interior, and unbolted muffler using BFG gForce sport tires and my best so far is a 15.5 which would be a 14.5 at sea level.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Here is the times off my slip:
Reaction: .2282
60 ft: 2.4363
1/8 ET: 10.1888
1/8 MPH: 72.03
1/4 ET: 15.5991
1/4 MPH: 91.72

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
tires really help. also look up launching techniques b4 you go. everyone has their own way, to satisfy their set up.

3k is way to low to launch, at that rpm, you can drop the clutch. 5k is to high to drop the clutch. you should have swapped techniques for the 2 runs. i've never been to the drag stip. but look forward to when my clutch/fw/lsd are installed. i'd actually rather go to a race track instead.

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
bt216 said:
RaptorGTS said:
Here is the times off my slip:
Reaction: .2282
60 ft: 2.4363
1/8 ET: 10.1888
1/8 MPH: 72.03
1/4 ET: 15.5991
1/4 MPH: 91.72
your trap speed is low. I'm not too knowledgable about sea level and all that, buy i ran a 14.4 @ 97mph
91 MPH is not slow for a whole second difference between you and him.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will be going back when they are not doing heads up greens. On a reglular tree countdown my reaction time will increase drastically.my average was a full second for that night I hit 15.9 1/4 with a 1.10 r/t. Also I need to work on my launching< that was the main reason I was at 15.9 instead of 14.9

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
you do know that your reaction time has nothing to do with your quarter mile time right? you can wait at the line for 30 mins and still run the same time as someone who had a 0.1 reaction time.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No I did not know that. So are you saying that the clock for the quarter starts after you move and not after the light turns green? If so thats crazy I always thought it was the other way around.

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
kylebGTS said:
No I did not know that. So are you saying that the clock for the quarter starts after you move and not after the light turns green? If so thats crazy I always thought it was the other way around.
Correct.

·
Registered
585 Posts
yeah the reaction will not affect your times at all, it only matter if you are doing grudge races and you want to beat the other guy to the end. That is why you can lose to someone but still run a faster time. Your 60ft tells you how good you are launching.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am sure that I have alot of work and practice to do on my launch's. Out of the three run's I did my best 60' was a 2.4< is this decent for what I have and the mods I have done or should I be alot lower like 2.2?

·
Registered
60 Posts
you guys are tellin me you hit a 14.4 with light mods? what kind of mods? so that would be easy for me to acheive?

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
bt216 said:
you should be able to hit 15.0 stock. I've ran a 14.4 with light mods
since your in ocean side mind sharing where you ran that? g-tech doesn't count.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts