NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:AF:Ok so last night i was on the highway cruising in 6th and a yellow 05 vette basic stock version pulled beside me at like 85 miles and honked three times by the third time i always already in 4th hit 8000 rpm started pulling away a good 2 car lengths then shifted to 5th and hit 8000 pulled away from him a good 3-4 car lengths is this plausible or do u think he was toying w/ me? i have a few bolts on GReddySP2 aem cai and obx headers and aem pulley.. what u guys think?

·
Registered
303 Posts
:AF:Ok so last night i was on the highway cruising in 6th and a yellow 05 vette basic stock version pulled beside me at like 85 miles and honked three times by the third time i always already in 4th hit 8000 rpm started pulling away a good 2 car lengths then shifted to 5th and hit 8000 pulled away from him a good 3-4 car lengths is this plausible or do u think he was toying w/ me? i have a few bolts on GReddySP2 aem cai and obx headers and aem pulley.. what u guys think?
He may have just been honking at someone. By 05 do you mean a C5? Even a base C5 auto convertible would walk away from you. A C6 would run away from you.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
He may have just been honking at someone. By 05 do you mean a C5? Even a base C5 auto convertible would walk away from you. A C6 would run away from you.
he wasnt honking at someone else he wanted to race me looked me in the eyes then held up three fingers then started honking.. but he was an auto.. when i dropped gears he was still going the same speed and i pulled away from him a good 1 and 1/2 car lengths we went up to 125-130 miles top speed, but yea he prolly was toying w/ me maybe never know..

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
this is a joke right?? Where's Hondafighter to tell you that you probably had a chance in this race if it was a roll, the vette ate a bad dinner, and if the Celi had a leprechaun in the trunk???

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
wow......this stories keep getting better and better...

·
It is known.
8,239 Posts
Ok so last night i was on the highway cruising in 6th and a yellow 05 vette basic stock version pulled beside me at like 85 miles and honked three times by the third time i always already in 4th hit 8000 rpm started pulling away a good 2 car lengths then shifted to 5th and hit 8000 pulled away from him a good 3-4 car lengths is this plausible or do u think he was toying w/ me? i have a few bolts on GReddySP2 aem cai and obx headers and aem pulley.. what u guys think?
You are at least 2 seconds slower than a C5 vette in 1/4 mile regardless of transmission. Do you really think you'd have a chance?

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Must have been a Celica with a Corvette body.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Arent you the guy who lost to a older bmw and now your asking us if its real if you beat a vette? the 05 probably runs 2 seconds faster sotck for stock

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
this is a joke right?? Where's Hondafighter to tell you that you probably had a chance in this race if it was a roll, the vette ate a bad dinner, and if the Celi had a leprechaun in the trunk???
notice how no one thinks u are funny. I'm sure everyone ignores u in real life too. On another note, the vette wasn't racing

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
Why would I expect you to laugh at it when I'm bashing you for your ricer mentality?? That would make you a lunatic..One thing I can rely on though, is you always bite

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
i guess not then
I could see this happening if he used the cruise control stalk to accelerate, otherwise not a chance he was trying.

hmmm...maybe that's what he tried to do, see how he would do against you using only the cruise control acceleration feature. I'm being serious here, there's just no way you could have pulled on a C5 if everything is working properly.

·
Registered
265 Posts
notice how no one thinks u are funny. I'm sure everyone ignores u in real life too. On another note, the vette wasn't racing
Why would I expect you to laugh at it when I'm bashing you for your ricer mentality?? That would make you a lunatic..One thing I can rely on though, is you always bite
We need to make a thread in OT for you two to argue in. That would be very entertaining.

As for the C5 Corvette. He wasn't racing.

I love this website.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
I'm sorry, sometimes dry humor takes hold of me :)

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
he wasnt trying. that car wouldve pulled on you and passed even if you were 3-4 cars ahead.

·
Ol' Slappy
932 Posts
I could see this happening if he used the cruise control stalk to accelerate, otherwise not a chance he was trying.

hmmm...maybe that's what he tried to do, see how he would do against you using only the cruise control acceleration feature. I'm being serious here, there's just no way you could have pulled on a C5 if everything is working properly.
lol'd pretty hard.
Could totally see myself doing that if I had a vette

1 - 20 of 27 Posts